« Jungwon »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

"Jungwon! What are you doing here?" You whisper-shouted as soon as you silently opened your window for Jungwon. In times like this, everyone is supposed to be sound asleep. But, here is this guy, sneaking into your room just to see you. Quite reasonable, because firstly, he wants to check on you even if it means going out in the middle of the night, and secondly, your relationship is kept as a secret.

He immediately hugged you as soon as he got inside. The way he stroked your wavy locks gave you the same comfort of a shelter through the pouring rain.

"What are you doing here?" You whispered again, worried that your family might hear you from the other side of your room.

"I just missed you, small bean." Jungwon said and gingerly tapped your nose with his finger. You could only smile and playfully elbow his belly as he plants a kiss on your forehead.

"Let's get away tonight." He said excitedly. But then again, it made you anxious. Having such utterly restricting parents, the only option you had is to say "no."

"Don't worry." Jungwon held your hands and gave you a reassuring smile. "No one will know. I'll bring you home exactly at 4." You gazed at the wall clock and it was 12 a.m. You reluctantly nodded and doubled your clothes with a sweater as Jungwon watched you from your bed.

As soon as everything was set, you both silently left your room and carefully climbed down the roof, enough for your parents not to notice.

Since you both started dating, Jungwon taught you a lot of things. One of them is about loving roadtrips at midnight. You never really knew what fun feels like until he introduced you to a new adventure. How you love the way the cold air ruffles your hair as the car keeps running.

You stopped at the beach and there you both ran towards the waves swinging back and forth calmly. You enjoyed your privacy just as you enjoyed the cold water stinging your skin. And most of all, you enjoyed seeing Jungwon smile.

Later, after basking on the shallow waters, you sat on the sand with Jungwon lying down on your lap. Looking up, it feels as if the moon and the stars we're also making some conversations with the both of you as you talked.

"Maybe one of these days, you can finally introduce me to your family." He said, turning his gaze at you. You had to admit that the situation is complicated, since your parents never wanted you to date until you finish school.

"Let's just hope and pray." You said assertively which made your boyfriend smile widely. "And we can finally get to see each other everyday." He said and you nodded.

Quoting on the song "Can't Help Falling In Love",  you muttered, stroking the strands of his damp brunette hair. "Wise men say, 'only fools rush in'."

"But I can't help falling in love with you." Jungwon added and all you could do was smile as you feel your heart melt. It's as if you were on the mountain's summit and smoothly landing back on the ground.

"I love you, Jungwon." You said.

"And I love you more, Y/N." Jungwon replied.

You could feel yourself slowly moving your face closer to him. And just as you were giving in for the only thing you could both feel, you suddenly heard your name from afar.

You turned your head only to face the nightmare you were wishing not to have ever since.

Your father quickly treaded towards your direction as you and Jungwon immediately got up and froze on the spot. As soon as your father reached the both of you....

Wham!

He hit Jungwon in the face, causing the guy to fall helplessly on the ground.

"Jungwon!" All you could do was scream and hold back your father as he aims to hit your boyfriend once more.

"Dad! Stop!" You could feel the droplets of your tears drip endlessly as you watch Jungwon rise from the ground only to be beaten again by your father. Your strength did no help to stop him. Blood was already running from Jungwon's nose and lips.

"The next time I see you with my daughter is the last time you could walk!" Your father exclaimed. And there, he grabbed you by the arm and forced you to walk towards his car. You never knew what would happen to you next. Everything didn't make any sense to you.

You turned back to see Jungwon, gazing at you, and whispering the words, "I love you, Y/N." You never thought that you wouldn't see him again once you leave the place.

As you were inside the car, you never cared about anything. You just watched outside of the window, hoping that all of this was just a dream. You watched until he was out of sight, until everything was out of sight.

You just watched.