« Sunghoon »

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

[Soulmates have the ability to hear each other's thoughts. They only stop sharing thoughts a few days before their meeting.]

"Is it night in there? Ugh... Maths
classes are really making me sleepy."

"Yes, it's night here.And isn't your teacher going to scold you for not paying attention?"

"Nope. Isn't it weird that I want to be a café owner yet my teacher teaches me all about Physics and shit?"

"Hey! Stop cursing! I know it's weird. But isn't it weirder when I'm laughing alone while washing the dishes?"

As a careless young lady, perhaps what you love the most about spending the days of your life is daydreaming. People might often misunderstand you, but you never felt bothered about them. As long as you know that your daydreams are apart from what they can all imagine, you're good to go. 

The truth about your daydreaming is that you have the ability to hear the thoughts of your soulmate named Sunghoon, while he also acquires the same ability.Which explains why you're always spacing out from reality.

"L/N Y/N." Your teacher called out, pointing his finger at you which made you flinch in shock.

"Oh, fuck. I have to go, Sunghoon. Just bear with my thoughts for a while." You said to your distant friend as you redirected your attention back to your teacher.

"Okay, have fun." Sunghoon laughed.

The teacher sighed in dismay as he noticed your eyes weren't fixed on his clumsy writings in the chalkboard.

"You are probably going to fail if you just keep dreaming wide awake." He said. Even if you are looking straight ahead, off the side you could still see the eyes snooping all around you as if you were an issue.

"So, how was school?" Sunghoon's voice echoed around the corners of your head as you jumped on your cozy bed.

"Awful, as always." You replied, imagining how your voice would sound to the boy's thoughts. Sunghoon laughed. "I told you to pay attention to the class. Wait... Hey! Are you thinking about how I look like?"

"Yes, stupid." You smiled. "Will I ever meet you, though?"

"We never know." Sunghoon answered. "And by the way..." He added. "Does hearing your thoughts make you my girlfriend?"

"What the heck?!" You said tensely. "And does that even make you my boyfriend, too?" You both chuckled.

"And did I forget to tell you? I'm going  somewhere far away."

"What?Where?"

"I want you to guess it with my thoughts tomorrow." He said.

And if only you knew it was the last time you could hear his voice again, then you could have forced him not to go.

You were already longing to fill your emptiness with the perspectives of a silly guy you knew in the most different way. And even if you were still just two strangers waiting to meet, it already broke your heart to think that you will never get to see him again, because if he was still right there, he could've shared his thoughts with you by now.

"Okay. So, Mom, can you please calm down for once?" You said on the other line, making your way home through the crowded roads of busy people in the city.

"You should go home right away or else..." Your Mom said furiously on the other line. You could only sigh in bitterness  as you were close to the bus station.

"Okay, bye mom." You answered and ended the call. You could see the bus which leads to your street incoming and so you decided to run and catch up before it leaves you behind.

However, as clumsy as you were, firstly, you ran into a complete stranger. Secondly, you accidentally spilled your own coffee in your favorite shirt, and now, the bus finally left and it was obviously the best day of your life.

"I'm really sorry." The person who ran into you said and helped you pick up your bag and a pile of paperwork on the ground.

"And now mom's gonna kill me." You said as you got up.

"I'm sorry, miss. It was all an accident. Please let me compensate." Suddenly, as he was speaking, you realized that his voice brings back a distant recollection. The sudden familiarity of his voice made you so sure that he was no other than your soulmate, Park Sunghoon, who vanished since a long time ago.

You slowly raised you head to see his face, and there was the moment of truth right at the time he removed his hoodie.

"Sunghoon?" You couldn't believe who you just saw. Remembering the time he told you he looked like a protagonist in an anime series, it has been finally revealed.

Sunghoon looked at you intently and couldn't believe it as well that he finally met you.

"Please don't tell me you're Y/N." He said.

And there, you could feel yourself smile from ear to ear.