« Niki: Soulmate Au»

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

[Soulmate AU y'all]

You could see every color. You could tell how red a certain thing is, or how much blue you could see in the sky. Generally, you could see everything.

Everything but black.

Your whole life, the only thing you knew is that that color exists. It was even harder for everyone to tell you what it's like. People think you're color-blind. But to you, you were just cursed.

Your mother told you that you could only see that color once you meet your soulmate, because that's the color of his eyes.You could tell how common black-colored eyes are since most of the colors you could see in most people's eyes are just lifeless.

In your tender age, it was hard for you to find the true meaning of what soulmates are for. The only thing you were concerned about is solving the big question mark in your life. So, your friends would always laugh as soon as you mention your plan to search for your soulmate.

"Come with us, Y/N!" Your friend eagerly muttered as you exited the campus. "Where?" You asked, your brows furrowed. "To the theme park! I've heard there's a new horror room there. We should try it!" She said. You never liked the idea of things that creep you out. So you refused, saying. "I'm busy with house chores. So I think you can just go without me."

"Please, Y/N. You'll miss the fun!" Your other friend insisted as you kept shaking your head as a "no."

"We promise not to separate ways with you!" She added. "We can also buy your favorite ice cream!"

You felt like it was a good offer. And besides, you haven't went out with your friends for a while. So, you finally said "yes."

The horror room was the first thing you saw as you entered the theme park. Achromatic shades of grey stood out in the building like it was part of an unlocked section of a videogame and you could already tell it was black.

You could feel your heart thump as you carefully entered the room. Thankfully, your friends were there side by side to hold your ice-cold hands.

The atmosphere started to get more
stirring as the people dressed as monsters started to pop out of nowhere. Your task was to find the keys to escape as these monsters chase after you.

The room was filled with deafening screams and laughs you could barely focus on the main objective. And just as you were about to run and hide for your lives, you suddenly lost your friends on the way.

Of course, you panicked, sneaking back into the hallway were you last saw your friends, but they were never to be seen again. You could only follow their muffled voices as you try to find an escape yourself.

But as if fate wanted you to have a hard time, you were trapped in a room of mirrors. "This can't be." You thought to yourself as you were looking for a way out of your distorted reflections. Little did you know, a masked guy was just right behind you, and...

"Boo!"

As your eyes landed on him, you suddenly fell on the ground and felt your head spin. Everything seemed darker than usual and you thought you were getting blind. Colors of grey suddenly turned darker and darker like how you assumed a void to look like.

You stopped and stared at the masked guy, who also felt a change in his vision.

And then all of a sudden, these shades of grey suddenly turned black.

You couldn't believe your eyes as you finally realized that the guy is no other than your soulmate. You watched as the guy removes his mask and reveals his true face.

The first thing you saw was his eyes, and you gaped as you could finally recognize the color you were looking for.

"I see brown." The guy muttered with amazement visible in his expression. "I can finally see brown!" You were tensed as he went closer to you and gingerly stroked a strand of your dark brunette hair astonishingly. And what else is brown?

Your eyes.

Right at that moment, as if you were to speak in unison, you both said.

"Who are you?"

You both stopped and hesitated to answer each other's question. It feels as if suddenly, you were in a fairytale and the prince was the guy right in front of you.

"Who are you?" You asked once again, And he answered. "I'm Niki. And you?"

"I'm Y/N." You answered.

"And by any chance, do you believe a thing about soulmates?"