« Jake »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

There is always something wrong with your life since you started sharing the same apartment with a stranger.

"Jake-fucking-Shim, turn that volume down!" You exclaimed as you forcibly knocked on the door in his room. And yes, he's the noisy housemate you never knew you will be complaining about. He loves to play videogames in maximum volume, and loves dogs so much. He sings in the shower and even in the kitchen. And here you are, hating everything he does.

"Good morning, Y/N!" He would greet casually as you both would meet in the kitchen. You could only fake a smile as you grab your cereal from the cupboard and-considering you were too short to reach- Jake would lift his long hands and take the box himself.

No milk in the fridge? You thought, surprised you couldn't find it inside. Since there's only the two of you inside the house, of course, it can't be Layla, his dog, who took it.

You turned to face Jake and there he realized and smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh, I'm sorry. I used the milk for my baking last time. "

"Great job, Jake." You groaned as you disappointingly put the cereal in place and decided to flee the kitchen. You were starting to get used to the new routine that you never bothered to scream and throw some fits anymore.

"Wait- I can cook breakfast for you if you want." Jake said and you just shook your head.

"Don't even bother. I'm getting late for school."

Later that afternoon, you came home, exhausted. It was a surprise that no one was around. Why is Jake not home yet? You thought as you would picture him in the living room, cuddling with Layla as he would always do on a daily basis.

You headed to your own room and changed your uniform. Heading back downstairs, you could smell an inviting scent of something spicy from the kitchen. You hurriedly walked towards the direction and there you saw a sticky note on the microwave.

"I will be coming home late. So I left you something to eat :)"

Having a guy housemate can be so nice sometimes, you said to yourself.

A smile was then formed on your lips when you excitedly grabbed your favorite chili pasta and jumped on the couch to watch television.

Night came and you were still alone in the apartment. You have already finished doing the chores to pass the time, but your housemate still hasn't arrived yet. Waiting was the least you could do. And why is someone like you worried about a guy you hated, anyway? You never know.

You suddenly longed for the noise when Jake is around. Being alone makes you feel caged. You also felt unusual not to see him and his dog running around the corners of the apartment, and even just doing things on your own bored you.

The last thing you knew was that your eyes were having the urge to close and your body to rest and you finally slept on the couch. Little did you know you would wake up with with comfort and a pillow and a blanket nicely placed around your body. You got up and cleared your crusty puffy eyes as the rays of the sun hit the parts of your face. "Is Jake here?" Is the first thing you thought in the morning.

You looked around only to see the boy who just got out of shower. And thankfully, he had his robe on.

"Good morning, Y/N!" As always, he greeted you with a smile.

"Good morning." And finally, you greeted back after months of torturing the guy with silence. "Thank you for the blanket last night." You smiled.

"You're welcome. Uh... y/N?" He said, hesitating for a while. You raised your eyebrows in confusion and he added. "Do you want to go out tonight?"

For the first time, a housemate invited you to go out.

You thought for a while and eventually agreed to go out with Jake and get to know him better.

"And... By the way..." He said. "Isn't that my shirt you're wearing?"