« Jungwon »

Imagine there's a vampire trying to sneak in your window

Imagine it was... Jungwon ???

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

Wide awake and restless, Jungwon lied cozily on the rooftop, with his hand under his head. Above him were stars that seemed to defy the gray clouds that alleviated their peppy glimmer. The night was young, and so was the flaxen moon glaring at him.

He let his arms out in the open, pretending to touch the sky. Seeing his spiritless, light-toned hand, he realized he started to grow even more fragile. Perhaps living for centuries was enough to him. Perhaps seeing each passing day slowly becoming a faraway story as the night takes a bite on the sky made him grow tired and weak and old.

Perhaps he still had a long way to run, he thought. Maybe what was trying to kill him slowly was just his bloodlust. He hated that he had to crave for that vampires' favorite crimson so easily. He wondered if his thirst will ever end. For sure it will, but by the time, he would most likely end up into ashes blown by the  wind that would soon lead him to nothingness.

He wondered what to do if there was an allurement trying to haunt him, with two, curious, half-afraid little eyes and a face that seemed to maim his pride. He wondered what she would do to him if he dared to cut her skin with his fervent teeth. He wondered and hated that he kept doing so.

He darted to the end of the sill on Y/N's window. And a climber as he was, he managed to keep his stance without falling. He slowly peeped in the small opening of the window, and there he saw her sitting on the dresser, combing her long tea-brown locks.

Her smile was innocent and silly as she watched her own reflection. The small lyrical chants in front of the mirror later on turned into an agreeable conversation with herself. Those were just some of her antics Jungwon was fully familiar about.

He watched until the night grew older, until the breeze grew more numbing, until all that was left was Y/N lying cozily on her bed, with eyes ready to get to a new dreamland. He watched and remembered he kept watching ever since the moment Y/N opened her eyes to see the world for the first time. He remembered how long he was trying to resist his thirst to the extent of seeing her finally become a woman.

He opened the window wider ever so slowly, wishing she would not be awakened by his sound. To be finally near her, see her porcelain face better, to wallow in a familiar, homely warmth made him crave so unusually. But what more could he do than stay there and repel his malevolent urges as a vampire?

Jungwon dared to lie down the softness of the mattress, enveloping her minute figure with his pale arms as if giving her a kind of comfort a blanket couldn't give.

Y/N interlocked her fingers with his, welcoming him with sleepy eyes and a pleasant smile. Jungwon could only feel his face blossom in red as he failed to not make her notice him.

"Where have you been?" The girl asked, caressing the vampire's cheek. "You've been gone since forever. I missed you terribly."

Jungwon smiled and whispered. "Just needed some time away. I miss you so much more." And there, he planted a kiss on her forehead.

Seeing his frustrated eyes, Y/N frowned. "You're still thirsty."

"I know."

The girl offered him her wrist but as much as he wanted to quench his thirst, he still didn't want to hurt her. He shook his head eagerly and pulled her closer to his chest.

"It doesn't matter. I just want to hold you tonight."