« Niki: Soulmate Au Part 2 »

This is the second part of the very first Niki imagine I wrote in this book, as requested by yanagirenjiidealtype

I can't really think of a better scenario at the moment cuz I'm a trash when it comes to soulmate au's, but I still hope you'll enjoy reading this one <3

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

. . . And yes, you do believe about the things he asked.

That moment felt like you relived only to witness everything unroll into a more sprightly recast. It was a delusive sight to see. Right before your eyes, a multitude of events seemed to happen all at once and you knew it wasn't just a make-believe. You could finally see its shades and facets.

And to be able to find your soulmate in a place that seemed to be too discreet when you actually look for something, to be near his awakening warmth, and to finally unveil black, you couldn't think of something more off one's prudence than this.

Yes, it was just an ordinary horror house to begin with. But who would've thought it could be somewhere you could grow fond of not just the color black, but also of the one who possesses that eye color?

Since then, in such a small world, you never parted ways with Niki again. "Friends?" That night he started with a question and a face so gentle that he never looked like someone who would hurt out of pleasure. "Friends." You happily answered, grabbing his hands twice the size of yours.

Niki caught your pace as you were walking through the pavement, with both of your hands in front, clasping your bag. There was an awkward silence as soon as he walked beside you, as if a tension was gradually building up inside the both of you and you had to hold it in as much as the clouds above needed to hold the pressure before it falls down the earth as rain.

The sunlight in the afternoon still shone as bright as daylight, except that the sky grew older, slowly unfolding the sundown.  The streets were once again crowded with people heading wherever, and you could only watch the lively sight, as you would do per diem.

Niki grabbed the bag from your hands and carried it himself, causing your eyebrows to furrow. "Niki, it's not that heavy." You said, hating that you had to raise your head to face such a giant, who seemed so pleased with the fact that you were just in his shoulder level.

"Who cares? You're a lady." He answered confidently.

A lady? You thought. You're underestimating me. Is that it? You glared.

Niki shook his head and giggled as soon as he noticed the change in your expression. "You're a lady who needs a gentleman."

"Doesn't matter. I know the way to my dorm." You replied demurely.

"And I know how to walk you home." He let out a satisfied smile, with his easy black stares captivating you just everytime.

You immediately looked away, trying to keep a straight face as a sea of emotions loaded your mind.

Momentarily, you would steal glances at each other, as if trying to look for each other's smiles or just a hint of red on your cheeks. There was still an invading silence until the both of you finally stopped at the gate, with him handing back the bag.

"Y/n." Niki called, grabbing something from his pocket. "I'd love to see you wearing this. And when we're away, I want you not to miss your soulmate. So, here." His hands revealed a silver necklace with a black jade pendant suspended alluringly.

You could only feel your body send out subtle loving clues as he carefully put the necklace on your neck, as if it was a promise rather than a gift.

"Niki." You uttered. And without a warning, you squeezed him tenderly in your arms. It was a new feeling to be so close to him, to feel your heart race so severely yet so affectionately, to feel like the world is finally looking up at you because you have him so close and you have him now.