Jay : To Crown You With Flowers

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Reincarnation! au

In this part y/n and Jay will be a few years older than their real age

There will be 2 parts for this au, not sure if some of the sentences/ phrases here are grammatically correct so I'm sorry in advance

Also, thank you all for supporting this book! You deserve both sides of your pillows cold <333

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

The beam of the sun shone proudly, defying the odds and ends of darkness; it was the morning's first blush, a season that pruned away the remnants of winter and what came along with it. The trees thrice as tall as people blossomed and vibrant flowers crept immensely as they should in spring.

"Your highness, you will ruin your dress!" The maidservant uttered worriedly as the princess treaded impetuously on earthly puddles in the woods. She could only laugh, looking at the tarnished hem.

"Then I'll wear a new one when we get back." She said as she continued walking ahead, a little further away from her maidservant. "You can stop following me now." She added.

"But, Your Highness--" She was immediately interrupted as the princess stood her ground. "I know the way home. I will be safe as I will be meeting with the son of father's right hand. You may go back now, Daisy." 

At the end of the woods was a stream sparkling with sapphire-blue allure. And at the riverfront was her friend, throwing stones in the gleaming waters. "Lord Jongseong!" She called and he was quick to turn her way. 

"My princess," he bowed as soon as she stopped in front of him. "is there anything that bothers you?" He asked.

The princess sat on the grass and started complaining. "Yes. It's the book of horrendous amour that you told me to read about."

Jongseong laughed, settling himself beside her as he rested his hands on the ground. "And what about it, your highness?"

"Half of the chapters are missing!" She retorted. "Did you even  know the pages are missing before you gave it to me? And stop calling me 'Your Highness'. You clearly know what I am when I'm with you. So now, tell me the next thing that happened."

He knew it would cost her outrage when he tore the rest of the pages of the book. And he also knew that every page would cost one picturesque moment with her, and he would like to tell a thousand tales just to have her that close.

They talked until she ended up lying on his lap, making a crown out of the flowers she picked as she listened to him very intently.

As the story was done, the princess got up, avidly holding the crown. "Rise, Jongseong of the far West."

"Once, you are not a king of anything. Now, I name you as the crowned king, a conqueror of my head and my heart." And so the flowers were placed on his head.

He grabbed her hand so delicately as if it was made of glass, and planted a gentle kiss on it. "I promise to be yours. In every sunrise and every sunset."

Their connectedness persisted behind closed doors, a romance almost as perfect as if it weren't a secret, and almost as tragic as the ones they've read in the books. Even so, they would reach for each other's hands to interlock and imagine they're in a world only heaven knows. And in that world, they were free to love, a kind that was bigger than titles.

But either way, she was a princess, destined to be wed with the heir to another royal seat. And he, a lord next to his father, was destined to make his own fate. 

"Please, take me with you." The princess pleaded with tears trickling down her porcelain face. "Let's go somewhere they can't find us... In the Summery Hills... or in the City of Cosmos! Please, let's live a new life."

It was a night to remember; a night that needed risking. It was the only moment they could rewrite their stars. 

"Let's run away."

They were nowhere to be seen the following weeks. They stowed away from one sea to another and walked through the woods and slept in abandoned houses. They had nothing to possess but just each other and the home they made in the City of Cosmos.

"We just made two dreams come true." She said as she lied wide awake beside him, arms wrapped around his waist.

"First is to live in the City if Cosmos... Second, We're not even married, yet." He let out a small chuckle, stroking the strands of her auburn locks.

"Then our next dream is to get married." She replied. The escape would sometimes hit them and if they resisted it would hit harder. But running away was the only choice they could choose.

But along with the rain that night, the next thing that cascaded were dread and tears. It was not the howling of a ghost that they've heard, but the cries of the King's guards that came to claim the princess.

As they managed to break the door, they managed to take her from his arms. They hit and kicked him hard until he fell on his knees, helpless and bleeding.

The princess was back in her chamber again, but it no longer felt like home. She no longer felt like sleeping. She knew that the light in the morning would break her heart, and it would hurt a thousand times more than her father's beating. And all that bruise would show in her wedding as badges of honor for being a runaway bride.

But again, nothing hurt more than being there to watch him stand on the stadium not to duel nor perform, but to be punished.

"You are accused of abduction. You are accused of treason. You have committed crimes against the realm." The King announced as the people gathered to watch.

"And you must be aware that the said crimes are punishable by death, Lord Jongseong."

She turned away, sobbing feebly, but the guard was holding her down. It was always part of the punishment to watch.

"If you have any last words, now is the time."

There was silence as they waited for Jongseong to speak. He turned to face her, with a gaze that spoke of a long goodbye. It was the first time she saw him weep.

"In every sunrise and every sunset, my princess." He muttered and it was time for the executioner to swing the sword to his head.

I promise to be yours.

He was just like a dream that went too fast. Indeed, their romance was just as tragic as the ones they've read in the books. She wondered if there was anything more painful than him leaving her with a hundred missing pieces of herself, each passing day making her weaker, as if each passing day, his ghost comes back to draw away her every breath.

I promise to be yours.

Her lips were chapped and closed, her body frail and slender.

She was finally ready to shut her eyes.

With his flower crown.

And their son inside her.

I promise to be yours.

And crown you with flowers.