« Heeseung »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

Lee Heeseung was always a sunny boy; mizzling you with earnest kisses and summery comfort. To you, he was heaven-sent. A boy so clement to his words and gallant to his darling, how could you ask for more?

But tonight, apart from being your sunshine,  a rueful storm inside him, waiting to unveil itself has finally been unleashed.

"For god's sake, Y/N. You can't just simply shove your noxious crystals on a tired person!" Heeseung's once endearing voice grew more intimidating to your ears.

You could only hold your temples in frustration as you listen to his same old reasons of coming home late. "It can't be helped! I am just a trainee and I had to practice day and night! We've talked about this, haven't we?"

You both did.

You understood his dream of being an idol, and it also excited you by the thought of him finally being able to warm the hearts of many by doing the things he loves so dear. And as much as he was aware, you also knew about the responsibilities that come alongside his aspirations.

But it was too hard to avoid the moments that you wished he understood you, too. Sure, you could smile them away as you face him so lovingly, but you couldn't be able to diminish the weight your heart had to carry along the way.

"But you promised!" You protested, aiming your finger towards his direction. You could see him flinch ever so slightly. "You promised  you'd spend your time with me on my birthday!"

Heeseung's eyes were immediately tinted with guilt and sadness as he kept his gaze at you, trying so hard to hold back the dismal beads welling in your eyes.

"But then you came home in the middle of the night? When food's already cold? When I'm starting not to miss you anymore? What am I gonna do with that..." You said, pointing at a bonny stuffed bear he was holding. "...trash?"

"Then I'm sorry!" Heeseung exclaimed helplessly, slamming the gift on the ground. The next thing you knew was that you were trying to hold him back as he darted to the door until he finally escaped your grip on his wrist, leaving you with half a heart.

You fell on your knees and cried even harder. Reaching for the teddy bear, you immediately held it close to your chest. It smelled so new and fruity. You wondered about how much sweat and effort Heeseung had to save up just to get it for you on your birthday, since you told him it would be the best gift you would receive. And remembering the moment you called this teddy bear 'trash', you just wished you hadn't said such thing at all.

The whole night you waited at the door, sobbing feebly and wondering where he was by that time; if he was just alright, if your phone would ring and he'd call to tell you he was coming home, if he already grew tired of your attitude, or if he'd still choose to keep needing you. With all these dimming your thoughts, you could barely even pick up yourself piece by piece.

You waited until the last thing you knew was the dawn slowly unfolding itself in the sky and your eyes gradually weakening.

Morning came with a hot sunbeam glaring across your face. You opened your eyes only to find out you were laying in the couch with a homely blanket wrapping your fragile body.

You found Heeseung sleeping behind you, with his arms all around your tummy and fingers interlocked with yours. His head was nestled on your neck, and his breathing sent
tickles on your skin.

Your delicate motion made your boyfriend snuggle even closer, whispering in your ear with his coarse, morning voice. "Happy birthday... I'm sorry... I miss you..."

You couldn't help but smile as you turn to face him, your little nose touching his. "Is that how you say good morning now?" You asked.

He nodded happily, his eyes still puffy.

"I'll be better this time." He said, gingerly cupping your cheeks.

You replied, stroking his hair. "And I'll be better for you as well."

He smiled. "Anything we'll do for love."

----