« ni-ki »

kinda sad cuz this happened once at school. happened so bad. hope i don't get cancelled for this T_T

note: most of the parts are made up. i don't really intend to make a story out of every detail of that incident. i'm really sorry.

---

pov: everyone warned him she was there to disappoint people. she wasn't clean. she wasn't kind at all. for once she did try to make  it up to him, for her good friend, for the only person to try to pick her up. it was too late. she would've done it sooner. the past now haunts her, undresses her once again, undresses her right before him as he starts to cave in...starts to believe everything about her was true. and he could only do so well as to watch her world crumble as everyone dares to condemn her for her sins.

---

"Now, it is clear
Beneath that white satin dress
Is a woman with stains on her juvenile skin."

That was the most candid piece among all the articles ever written. Yet.

If only the EIC himself had enough respect to read it again and again.

Riki immediately set the school paper aside as soon as his phone rang. It was barely even twelve in the morning and he had not have enough weariness to sleep, at least.

It was his good friend.

"Ni-ki." She said with a hoarse voice. On the other line, he could hear her sniffing periodically.

"****." He said plainly, knowing since then she called for the same thing in his mind.

"Ni-ki," He understood it was hard to say it, "you're the editor-in-chief, right?"

"I am."

"How could you?" She muttered so meekly, as if for the first time she was sorry for what happened to her. "How could you allow them to write those things?"

"Enlighten me, ****."

"You know what I'm talking about!" She raised her voice. "You know what happened to me and you chose to use me to rise above yourselves!"

Ni-ki took a deep breath enough not to make her notice on the other line. "We know what you did." He said and it meant so  differently than just saying 'we know what happened to you'. She wasn't particularly good. Everyone was sure of that. Riki, however... Riki used to know her. The good parts of her. He loved her. She loved him. He just knew it. She wasn't particularly vain. She wanted to redeem herself. She did try.

"****, you know the school doesn't only write just because we want to rise above ourselves."

"No shit, Ni-ki." She said, the frustration in her voice evident. "How could you be so blind when I badly want you to see so much right now?"

"I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry." She replied, letting out a soft laugh, all as if telling off herself there's no escape to her own tricks now. "I'm sorry I never listen." There was a short moment of silence before she had finally spoken once again.

"I need you now." She said.

"I don't understand, ****."

"You heard it right. I need you now. I need you now more than I have ever needed you before."

"In what way? What do you mean?"

"We were good friends, right? Help me. Save me. Please. Let's not make this trouble grow worse, shall we? Make your newspapers disappear."

Riki shut his eyes, placing his fingers on his temple. "**** you know I can't do that."

"Oh, you can." She let out a desperate sigh. "You have every power to do that thing. Please, Ni-ki. For the last time, help me. Burn those papers. Trash them. Tear them. I don't care. I just want you to save me. I love you. I love you. Please."

"What if those things aren't about you after all?"

"Goddamit, don't be stupid! Everyone knows I was the one in the tape! Even you must know it by now! Even you must have watched it already, maybe repeating me over and over again! Look, I'm sorry... Please, don't make me angry now, Ni-ki. I love you. Please. There. I said it. I love you, I need you—"

"Did you have a few drinks tonight, honey?"

There was a soft giggle on the other line. She must've known it was time to give up the conversation. It was done. Dear, it was done.

"A few drinks."  She said before ending the call.