« Sunoo »

Pov: getting ready for prom with your s/o

Ddeonu arrived at y/n's dorm at half past six with a rose in his shivering hand. After a few knocks on the door, he was welcomed by his girlfriend with a warm hug before heading to her room. Ddeonu had no talent in returning hugs.

He watched, obediently sitting on the mattress as y/n tried on her sage satin dress in front of a full length mirror. He could not remember seeing her with a dress so his heart certainly raced the moment he saw her wearing one. It had a slit reaching the top of her leg and the straps couldn't fit perfectly on her shoulders but he had never seen someone with it looking just right before.

"How do I look?" Y/n turned to face him with a bright smile painted on her lips. Sunoo nodded timidly, avoiding meeting her eyes. He could feel his cheeks flush in red all because it was the first time he could be with someone in prom, that, and because he knew he could never come to tell his girlfriend how beautiful she was and how well she managed to trap him under her spell, if that was even possible.

Y/n nodded delightfully, all knowing his shy nod was enough to guarantee she was perfect that night. She was then stopped the moment she grabbed a packet of cigarettes from her bedside table.

"Y/n, what did I tell you?" Sunoo asked playfully, holding her wrist as if it was made of silk. Y/n could only laugh as she decided to let go of her cigarette.

"Alright." She said, squeezing his cheek. "All for my shy little boy."

Sunoo smiled, wondering how he was able to draw the attention of a girl who was so good, perhaps much better than he was; Fiery and so full of life and knows just how beautiful she really is. He could never imagine himself being just like her. But now that he is hers and hers only, he could see no reason why he was not as favored.

After putting on her makeup delicately and doing her hair up, she turned back to her boyfriend, apparently nervous, to fix his tie
and boutonnière.

"You seem nervous, ddeonu." She said, cupping his cheek.

"Well, I guess I am." Finding there was no reason to lie to y/n who knew what his every expression meant, Sunoo replied, resting his face on her palm. Y/n smiled and took his hands. "What are you nervous about?" She asked.

"Everything." Sunoo rose. "The people. The dance. Us. I mean—you know how to dance and I do not and I'm afraid I'd look like a fool when—"

"Silly." She laughed. "I could teach you how to dance before we leave." And so she started off, placing his hands right on her waist, telling him to follow where her feet moves. Here and there, they would pretend to dance to a music and she would remind him not to stiffen his body.

"You will only look at me tonight." She said, knowing he could not stop himself from feeling tensed. "Sunoo, look at me."

"Alright." He said, pulling her strap back to her shoulder, then slowly meeting her eyes. Y/n was smiling, clinging unto his shoulders as if he was the only person she would recognize in prom, as if he should be the only person that mattered tonight. Because he really was.

"I love you."  Y/n reminded him. So, for the first time, he leaned closer, having his hands on her face as he decided to put a kiss on her lips; one that lasted for a while, one that felt so soft as their tongues suddenly touched. Y/n didn't want to let go, even. So when he slowly pulled away, she held him back, running her fingers through his hair, not bothering about her lipstick messing up.

---

You might also wanna read my Sullen Skin heh