Jay : To Crown You With Flowers 𝘈𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

Pt

Pt. 2 of Reincarnation! Au

˚

⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

But then, they were two souls bound to come across no matter how many lives are yet to be lived.

"You're late." The professor uttered as soon as the door  broke open, revealing his most favorite student.

"Yes." The smug-looking guy replied in a tone that seemed to answer a question.

"This will be the last time you're late. Remember, your tardiness is always noted—" 

"Alright." He let out a contemptuous sigh, showing no sign of interest in listening to their teacher's stories. 

"Disrespectful." The professor could only whisper as he pushed his eyeglasses  back up the bridge of his nose. "Go sit beside our newcomer, Miss L/n Y/n."

In the rightmost seat at the back was a young girl staring out of the window. Everyone in the class watched as he drew closer, and kept watching as soon as he stopped. It was by the time he sat beside her that she gazed into his hickory-colored eyes and found herself so deeply astounded; so deeply astounded that she forgot that her lips just parted. She looked at him like she would with a ghost that came back to haunt her again. 

"J--Jongseong." Hearing her meek whisper, he could only laugh and think she was losing her mind. How could she say it like she has known him for a very long time, anyway?

"Scared?" He asked y/n. "Don't worry, I don't bite." And with that, he broke his gaze and started listening to their teacher.

Y/n knew him so much. His face never changed. He still had every detail she could memorize so well. Y/n could never ask for more now that they've finally met. But she couldn't lie, the light behind his eyes no longer kindled the way they used to. He looked at her and saw nothing but a stranger and a mad woman.

She turned away, with a tear escaping from her eye.

"Jongseong!" She called as soon as their class was done. Or did she forget. "Jay!"

Jay sighed, looking back at the person following him at the hallway.

"Can we talk?" She asked, earning a plain nod from him. "The summery hills... The city of Cosmos... Do you remember?"

He breathed deeply in frustration. "What exactly are you talking about?"

Y/n eagerly grabbed both of his hands and replied. "You're Jongseong of the far West. I've been waiting for too long. I've been longing for you. I've died so many deaths just to see you again."

Jay bursted out in laughter. "Is this a trick? Too invested in the romance you're reading, missy?"

"Please listen to me. Please remember our past life."

He let go of her grip."I dont buy that. So please, rid yourself of those fantasies. Wake up, if you must. Nobody believes in reincarnation." Just as he was about to leave, she grabbed his wrist once more, her eyes brimming with tears.

"I'll still wait."

His glare grew blue and stern. "If that's even real, then perhaps I'm not that person anymore."

Her heart never would have submitted to those words so meekly, but it started to cave in even before she knew it. How could he forget so easily? Did he really care? Did he try looking for me, at least? Questions then clouded her mind. Perhaps he waited too long that all his feelings for her were left in countless cycles of life and death, or perhaps they just melted away.

They would always see each other in school and exchange glances, and that was all. It was just a matter of seeing him and trying not to get hurt in the process. For once she was loved by that same person, but now, losing all the memories, didn't love her anymore. It did seem fucked-up. Maybe reincarnation was meant to be that fucked-up.

He saw her at the table on the corner of the library, with piled books filling her table from side to side. Surely, she has always loved reading.

He took a deep breath, as if inhaling all the courage he needed to get closer to her. He pretended to search for a certain book from shelf to shelf, momentarily glancing at the girl. As he was closer, it was only then he found she was sleeping, with her face buried in her arms.

He headed to the seat in front of her and slowly but surely, he sat down, looking at her for what seemed like an eternity.

He felt uneasy, tapping his feet nervously on the ground. He sighed and whispered some curses, until he finally had the words to speak.

"I'm sorry." He said breathily. "How could I be so terrible?"

He kept looking and she still hasn't woken up. The way her wavy hair fell around her shoulders like it was made of feathers got him once again. Maybe he forgot about it, but he knew it got him again.

"I'm sorry. I'm the worst. I said I'm yours, but I still managed to break your heart. I know you would never forgive me for doing this."

"Fuck it."

"Y/n, my princess...whoever you are in your previous lives, I just want you to know that I remember now."

"Shit, how could I be so ridiculously dumb?"

"We had it all. Yes, I do love you! I have always loved you! But hell... What have I done?"

"I promise to be yours. In every sunrise and every sunset."

Y/n's eyes opened the moment she heard nervous whispers. By the time she raised her head, she immediately saw Jay, looking at her, with his two longing orbs and a tensed face.

Before she could even move on from her dream, he bursted out. "IloveyouandIwillkeeplovingyou!"

Without waiting for her response, he smacked his lips against hers, cupping her cheeks so gently as if she was water, and pulling her closer as if no one was out there watching.