« Jake: Pt. 1»

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫

Apart from a beautiful, modest ladylove, Y/N is rather a clumsy, feeble little fox; afraid of people and the dangers of getting attached to one.

However, with her restrained face and self-contained heart, all she could do was question herself: how was I able to keep an eye on a boy so far from my reach?"

And yes, apart from Y/N's unattainable demeanor, Jake, blessed with an ethereal visual and a seraphic voice, easily gained so much love from the people around the campus just with his welcoming smiles and outgoing atmosphere.

Y/N would be lying if she said he was just a rose-colored boy and there was nothing special about it. That mostly the reason why everyone was fond of him was just because he was famous. She was trying all means to deny that she was slowly falling into his charm as well.

She was aware about committing a crime to herself. She clearly knows about those times she would stay somewhere he could be seen, even just in a distance. She clearly knows about the times she would curve a smile on her cherry lips as she listens to him sing to his friends. And much more than that, she is aware of how it feels to admire someone from afar, knowing how desperate she would look at the end of the day.

After all, Jake actually noticing her would amount to her dreaming wide awake.

Y/N believes that the idea of the golden boy seeing her as someone that he could waste his time with is such a terrible thing to think about. And perhaps seeing it happen someday is just as terrible.

A multitude of questions would sometimes come to cloud her mind. Does he even know I exist? If he does, is he trying to pretend that I don't? Will he find out that I have a secret crush on him? Will he ever notice me?

Some instances that certainly happen on some people catching feelings also occur to Y/N. Such instances could sometimes show as insecurities. She couldn't remember when was the last time she felt self-effacing. All she knew was that she wanted to be less of a creep. If Jake's life was filled with affirmations, hers was filled with questions. He was loud and friendly, while she was silent and aloof. And in any circumstance, how could differences possibly not matter to her?

The school has never been busier before than it is now that there is a competition coming about the gym. Everyone excitedly darted to the seats on the corners to witness the scene. Noises scattered all over the place along with the colorful lights and baubles. People cheered as the event started with the contestants.

Of course, the last one was Jake. The place was immediately filled with deafening howls and praises as he stood in front, with a guitar in his arms.

He greeted everyone with a sunny smile and said. "Today, I am dedicating this song to someone that never fails to make me smile."

Y/N's cheeks immediately turned hot and flushed the moment Jake's bright eyes landed on hers. She thought he was just lost for a moment. But then his gaze never resisted hers, and his heart-shaped lips never stopped smiling since then. It was an enchanting sight, and she could only shy away.

"I hope this 'someone' knows that she is melting my heart in all ways. I hope this 'someone' stops thinking that she is less as she listens to this song." He added, earning everyone's quizzical stares.

It's like a polaroid love
Love, that old-fashioned feeling
But my heart is racing
Why am I like this?

Why am I relying on to love?
It's obvious feeling anyway
I believed I would know everything
I guess it as trap that I fell for even I knew it

Unknowingly, when you call my name
Heartbreakingly, my heart is pounding

It's like a polaroid love
Love, that old-fashioned feeling
But my heart is racing
Why am I like this?

Y/N felt like a fool trying to hold back her smile. And if that moment was a dream, she would like to fight anyone who would interrupt her sleep.