« Sunki »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

Sunoo

Funny how things had to start in the most difficult way.

"Hey, loser!" Everyone stopped the practice as Niki shouted in the dance studio out of the blue. I already knew who he was calling a loser.

"Niki, take it easy." I heard Sunghoon protesting from the corner of the room. "He keeps messing up and you're telling me to take it easy?" Niki replied furiously and sighed.

"I mean..." He cleared his throat. "Just look at how clumsy he is! He can't even pop his dumb chest!"

If only I had the chance to smash him right in his face, then he could've known his eyes could pop widely open, too.

"Can't imagine you guys losing the dance competition just because of this one innocent newbie." He laughed mockingly, turning his gaze back at me.

As soon as I felt the need to fight back, I answered. "Just because I messed up today doesn't mean I'd mess up tomorrow or the day after that." He crossed his arms and gazed at me from head to toe.

"Can't you look at yourself, too?"

"What are you trying to say, Loser Kim?"

"What I'm trying to say is...you're the dance leader who keeps forgetting the formation. How's that?"

I was satisfied enough when he clenched his fists and his face turned red. Even before he had the chance to hit me, everyone stopped us and the noise started to be heard all over the room. Indeed, Niki was a difficult person.

Or so I thought.

"Hey." Niki appeared at the school's backyard and sat beside me, holding one cone of mint choco ice cream on each hand. "I'm sorry if I sounded so mean a while ago. I had to admit, I was just too stressed." There, he handed me the ice cream.

I could only cover my smile as soon as I heard his words. Funny because we were enemies for an hour, and now, he's starting to end the fight.

"Thank you, Niki." And right in that moment, I never knew we could be more than just strangers hating each other.

It's not so long since he and I had met, but it just feels like we've known each other our whole lives. Best friends, as everyone may call us, but why do I feel something different everytime he holds my hand, saying that never changes anything?

Then came the time I was finally trapped under his spell right on prom.

I watched as everyone danced at the open space of the gym. All I could see were lights of blue and pink as the drink slowly kicks in. I watched as Niki danced with a pretty girl named Y/N. They were laughing, momentarily whispering on each other's ears. But even so, how can he still glue his eyes on no one but me?

I slightly raised my glass and smiled.

Later on, after hours of just sitting around watching people do their things, Niki came and grabbed me by the hand.

"What are you doing?" I asked, astonished. He only smiled at my reaction and there, I followed him through the backyard and there we stayed, watching the glistening night sky.

I sat on the grass as Niki laid on my lap. I could feel the tension on my limbs as my heart raced.

"I was watching you, and you seem to be rotting in boredom. " He smiled.

"Is that why you brought me here? What about the girls waiting for you inside?" I replied.

"Girls." He chuckled. "They're all so loud. I mean, everyone is."

I giggled and there followed a moment of silence.

"Sunoo." Niki called and turned to look at me. Was he born to melt me with his wondrous eyes?

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"Do you mind if I hold you like this?" He asked, gently grabbing my hands, interlocking his fingers on mine.

I looked away as soon as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Sunoo." He called again, pressing my hands and planting a kiss on it.

"What will everyone say if they find out about us, Niki?" I asked doubtfully.

He shrugged, cozily moving his head closer to my thighs. "Let them say a lot, then."

"Kyaaaaaaah! Why are you always like that?" I squealed.

"Like what?" He smiled. "Like being so into Loser Kim?"

"Niki, you know I care for you so much but please don't spoil me." I said, cupping his cheek. His warmth made me forget the coldness of the air.

"Hey, we're something now, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "Of course-"

"What is this?" Turning towards my back, I saw one of our classmates.

We suddenly stood from our places as we finally saw most of the people coming to witness our secret.

We were immediately blinded by the flashes of cameras. I could hear words we weren't supposed to hear.

Their eyes could almost murder every ounce of our flesh. Some were angry, some were happy, and mostly were shocked.

But, here we are. Caught. Trapped.

--------

Tysm for the votes and reads ppl omg I never thought y'all actually like reading my errors lol ily <333