« Jake »

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

"Please leave already!" You exclaimed in frustration as Jake was following you all the way from your school and now to your apartment.

He let out a silly smile with his hands on the pockets of his pants. "Don't you want me around?" He asked.

Rolling your eyes, you answered. "Obviously, I don't. So, can you please?" As soon as you arrived to your destination, you gestured to make him leave.

"Well, see you tomorrow then." And there, he leisurely retreated, blowing a kiss in the air. You could only squint in distaste as you imagine yourself hanging out with a flirty guy like him.

Jake Shim. Even just by hearing his name, you could already picture out a guy who laughs and smiles a lot, and melts the hearts of those who are too gullible to give into his charm.

He has been following you for months you could barely even remember, and it makes everyone think your chemistry clicks in the most romantic way ever, even if this delusional douche canoe  is just the only one between the two of you who's trying to get your blessing to date you. And if he must be playing games with you, you thought, you would really make sure that he will somehow be the one to cry in defeat.

"Hi, babe." He greeted as soon as you arrived in your locker. Even his voice is just enough to ruin your day. You didn't know why, but you're just never used to hanging out with a boy, specially with the one that calls you "babe" for no reason.

"Who are you talking to?" You asked, pretending to be confused. Jake let out a soft chuckle and paused. "Oh, come on, Y/N. I've been annoying you for almost three months already."

As soon as the bell rang, you hurriedly  headed to your classroom, with Jake walking after you as usual. You were thankful that you weren't classmates, or else he would still be watching over you like a creep.

"See you after class, Y/N." He said, giving you a wink.

Later on, as the class ended, everyone rushed out of the room and the noise has gradually subsided. As the last one to leave the classroom, you finally fled the place and you were immediately welcomed by your cost-free personal guardian, Jake.

You grunted annoyingly as you saw his face again. And why would he be watching you all along? If he was trying to pursue one of your popular friends, he could've approached her instead.

"... And do you want me so much to the point where you can't  live your own life?" You asked, trying not to make eye contact  as he pledged to carry your backpack. "Yes. And  what about that?"  He said, grinning.

"Leave me alone." You protested as if a guy like him would listen. As soon as you got to the hallway, an idea suddenly popped out of your head. Actually, there was a way to finally get rid of Jake Shim.

"I'm going to the restroom." You said, pretending to have the urge to empty your bladder. But the truth is, it's just something more than that.

Jake nodded happily and said. "Sure. I'll just wait for you outside the door."

As soon as you got inside the restroom, you headed to the last cubicle on the corner. There, you had the choice to make. As you nervously pushed the small window open on top, you doubtingly climbed your way out of the restroom and finally exited the campus.

You happily walked your way to your home, but you suddenly thought about Jake. About how long he would possibly wait until he notices you're already gone, and how mad he'll get if he knows you left him out of the blue.

After a few moments, as you got into a  corner where no one was around—not even a single bystander, there you noticed someone was following you.

You turned your back to face the person, but you were surprised that there was actually no one around. As you thought your head was playing tricks with you, you continued walking.

You felt even more tensed as you could still feel like you were being stalked. The more you try to walk faster, the more you notice that they're getting closer.

You once again turned your back, and there you caught an unclear figure of a man wearing all black. You were nonplussed. You could feel beads of cold sweat running down your forehead. You had nothing but yourself, wearing your uniform and a
mid-thigh-length skirt. You were sure that you're being rooted by a stranger, so the only option you had in your mind was to run for your life.

As you were striding, ready to run, a voice suddenly called you out.

"Y/N!"

It was Jake.

You finally have company, and there, you ran towards his direction and you immediately squeezed him into a hug. As soon as the stalker saw the scene, he quickly fled the place. You were finally safe.

"I'm sorry." You said with your voice shaking in fear. There, you realized why Jake was watching over you all along.

He slowly pulled away and gently cupped your cheeks, saying. "So, now, don't you want me around?"