« Jake »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

Seeing how daylight ends above the quietude of the balcony is just enough to know how time seems to go slow to the person who waits for the night to come.

Y/N, the girl who stays at the balcony during sunset couldn't remember how long she was watching the velvety orange sky, or even when she started to give into its beauty.

"My girl loves sunsets, too." A boy named Jake appeared on another flat just beside hers. 'Is he talking to me?' was all the girl could think of the moment he met the stranger.

'I'm sure I haven't seen him before.'

Jake let out a gingerly smile. "We used to watch sunsets together." He said. Thinking that the boy must be out of his mind to talk to her just like that, she smirked, walking away. A girl like her apparently doesn't talk to strangers.

Another sunset came, then another. She would often meet Jake on the other flat, and he would give her the same grins that remind her of how they met that one afternoon.

"My girl always smiles." He said, glancing at Y/N. "You sound like an old man." She answered which made the boy burst in laughter. "I just miss her, that's all."

Y/N and Jake would always start with a small talk and end from a longer one, not having any idea that their communication gave more comfort than the skies did.

'And if waiting makes time seem to go slow, then why was it easier to watch the sun pass just like a dream? Why does the sky seem to turn blue faster than usual?  Am I really really waiting for nightfall?' she thought. 'Or am I just waiting for Jake to come out of his door?'

'was he waiting for me, too? Or was he waiting for the time he could finally see the girl he loves again?'

"She's the only person whom I never stopped thinking about the moment she laid her eyes on me." Jake would always brag.

"She was kind, beautiful, sweet."

"She's cool although she keeps saying she's just ordinary." Y/N would listen intently as Jake speaks.

"For why don't you tell me who she is already?" This time, she asked. Trying to connect the dots together.

"Well, clue..." Jake thought for a moment, making the girl feel even more curious and bothered.

"Black hair. Dark brown eyes. Small nose. Small lips. Fair complexion, loves sunsets."

And why, the things he described were exactly what Y/N could have as a person she is.

"Are you playing with me, Jake?" Y/N asked doubtingly, but the way his eyes were fixedly looking into Y/N's seemed like he was not playing tricks with her at all, which made her recall the times his face gave the girl a sudden faint recollection.

"I used to think no one, not even a single thing, can take her away from me.  Yet, a tragedy almost took her life."

"You lost all your memories, Y/N. And I eventually lost you, too."

Y/N froze as she heard his words, uncertain about whether or not she should let him see her cry this time. For what struck her was no longer the sunset and time, but the sudden flash of the memories she have forgotten.

"I was just watching you become a stranger I onced cared for the whole time, Y/N."

------

Took me a long time to update and reading this... I just think I have a freakin complex lol

Thank you for those who voted and included this book in their reading lists! I appreciate it so much I hope u keep supporting this imagines ily!!! <333