« Heeseung pt. 2 »

As requested by these two ppl: _hey_ma and Estermunoz06  <333

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

"Y/n, what's wrong?"

Heeseung awoke to y/n's harsh, hasty breathing. With her arms around her legs, eyes on the distant window, she has been sitting on the bed for who knows how long.

The husband immediately got up, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Y/n?"

She managed to shake her head and quickly wiped her tears. "Nothing." She said. "It was just a dream."

"A dream about what?" Heeseung asked worriedly, getting no response as she headed to the bathroom to compose herself. Anyway, it was almost four in the morning so she didn't have to go back to sleep.

"Y/n, you're crying." Heeseung persisted, hoping she would unlock the door and finally let him listen to what she had to say. But there was nothing but silence after that.

It was the same silence when she agreed to let him get to know her again.

And because it was his turn to lionize over, he had to go into the battle of trying to bend her chest open, maybe wait for years if it has to be done for the door to open if she locks herself up again.

For the past few months, all she ever wanted was to paint and be alone, and Heeseung wanted to court her and sing her to sleep and build a house made of pillows with her on rainy days and buy her gifts and go grocery shopping with her. But the silence... It would hurt sometimes...avoiding him when she had every chance to do so. Her words would be no longer than two sentences. Three, if she had enough sympathy for a day.

Heeseung would always find her at the balcony in the afternoons, just painting the world with her favorite colors and listening to Chasing Cars in her headphones over and over again. Heeseung would just be there at the door, watching, and that was all. He never wanted to ruin her pieces because it happened once, when he had the sense to walk to her and try to watch, or perhaps, make her love him again.

"Hello, y/nnie." He started, taking a seat just beside her. Heeseung could still remember the loud shades of red and warmer shades of yellow and orange, such colors in that vein.

"Hi, Hee." She answered plainly, seemingly riveted by the music she missed to turn her head to her husband. Just by being there with him already made her anxious.

Heeseung might have tried to ask her what the painting was all about, but she scribbled her brush around before the facades could even make sense.

"But it was beautiful!" He retorted, gazing at her cluelessly.

Y/n then faked a smile and stood, fixing her things on her arms. "I mixed the wrong colors." She said and finally left.

And perhaps it was her turn to demand a price for the things he once did. He knew she was keeping her secrets. They would live underneath the same roof but one had to hesitate whether or not one should be closer. Heeseung would always watch over her, even in nights when they were supposed to be sleeping but the wife would get up and had to run towards the sink to retch, or just head to the fridge and find something to keep her stomach happy, or just listen to fucking Chasing Cars again, and just paint, or get drenched in the bath tub.

"Y/nnie." Heeseung awoke to the sound of the water streaming and found y/n at the bathroom. He sat next to the tub and with his sleepy eyes, he smiled.

"You're supposed to be sleeping, Hee." Y/n replied, placing her hand on the edge only to be held by him.

"So are you, lovely." He said. "And why are you soaking up... In the middle of the night?"

"I forgot to bathe earlier. I couldn't sleep." She replied, earning his sheepish laugh.

"You're insane."

"You need to sleep, Lee Heeseung. You need to be early at work tomorrow."

"I don't care." He was quick to answer, laying his head beneath her palms in which surprisingly, she didn't mind.

"You sound sleepy."

"I don't care."

"Your eyes do."

"Carry on anyway. Do you have something to tell me?"

And so y/n did have something to tell him. Once again, she brushed his face with her fingers. And once again, her eyes met his.

"I was mad."

"I know."

"I wanted to keep hurting you. That's why I was acting crazy these past few months."

"And I deserve it."

"You don't!" Y/n quickly answered. "I'm sorry, Hee."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Y/nnie."

Y/n held his cheeks and moved closer until their faces were barely apart. "I hope you're finally ready to start over again."

Heeseung then held onto her wrists and let out a reassuring smile. "Y/n, if I'm not, I won't be here right now."

"Alright, my dear husband." She said, letting go. "Little Hee will be happy to know we're not fighting anymore."

And with that, his jaw dropped and eyes widened.

"Little Hee..." He muttered, making sure he said  the words just right and worthwhile. "Y/n... W-We're having..."

"Our very first angel." She added, nodding excitedly as she went in for a peck.