« Sunghoon »

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆

"How's your practice? Please don't tire yourself. I miss you a lot!"

Here you are, writing on a pastel pink sticky note. As soon as you saw the hall was empty, you gathered up some courage to head to the lockers and look for someone's territory.

Park Sunghoon. He's the guy that you're head over heels with. Aside from his looks, he is also proficient in ice skating and always excels in academics. And with that, everyone in the campus admired him. For how can someone not like a guy who is as gifted as he?

You would secretly send letters and small presents in his locker regularly and you could only watch him from afar as he ignores all of them. Neither do you even see him smile at the amount of flowers you send him.

"It's much better than seeing him dump all of those in the trash, right?." You always say to yourself. Anyway, you were already used to being unnoticed and unheard.

Even so, you still wanted to send him letters and at least cheer him up for being too busy all the time. He doesn't know you, and he will never know you are the one watching over him. And it makes you feel relieved to see that no one is suspecting you or something. After all, you will be coming back to the hospital to get your illness treated and you will finally stop nagging him again.

After a week, you finally managed to fill Park Sunghoon's locker with your letters, chocolates, and flowers. You didn't care about him getting mad or overjoyed since you won't get to go to school. And before you left, you made sure that all of your feelings were expressed.

As weeks passed, you felt weaker and more helpless. Most of the time, you only had yourself and the machine that's helping you hold on to the days of your life. Looking out the window is the least you can do to ease your sufferings. You've never felt fragile your whole life, until you started to sleep for a long time.

After a couple of months, you finally managed to open your eyes and it's a miracle to see another day again. You felt like you rose from your death bed with your lips chapped and throat dry. You noticed a bunch of stuffed toys placed on your bed and butterfly lights on the walls. Below them were-surprisingly- sticky notes.

Your eyes were still slightly blurry, and you could only read the notes on your bed as you try to register everything in your mind.

"You haven't appeared in a while. I was worried."

"You bought me some flowers. So I brought you some stuffed toys. Hope you like it."

"Thank you for always making me feel better." With this, you remembered the letters you sent to a guy you liked.

"Please know that I was here on the first day you were sent to the ICU."

"I'll be waiting for you to wake up."

"Please get well, Y/N."

"So he knew it was me." Was the first thing that has ever come out of your mind. You slowly moved your hand to your temples as you felt your head ache. And when you turned to the other side, you saw the one who was looking after you.

"Y/n?" Sunghoon's eyes widened in shock as he saw that you're finally awake. You wanted to speak but it was too hard for you to even just get up. One thing you knew was that Sunghoon was waiting for you.

And without any signal, he immediately wrapped you around his arms. The way he smells like vanilla still makes you melt. You could only look at him in shock as he's tearing up in joy. He called out the doctors to tell them that you are finally awake, and that's when your room started to be crowded.

You may not show a smile, but your eyes could tell that you were happy.