« Sunghoon »

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Warning: a yandere prompt; includes violence and bloodshed

(Keep in mind that this is only a one-shot and the behaviors of the characters should not be taken personally)

I'm totally not good at writing this sorta thing but ye at least I tried

˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

To stay or to break free, it was a risk for y/n to make either of the choices.

The sapphire night finally bade its goodbye as the cold dawning slowly unveiled itself. Y/n was awakened by a deadened thud coming from the backyard, and she knew she had to head there, with eyes still puffy, lacking a good night's sleep.

It wasn't a usual feeling to feel her heart pulsating upon seeing something she shouldn't, but it sure is the same extreme feeling she had to endure each time something doesn't feel right, at least to her boyfriend, Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon!" She called, immediately running towards the guy who was holding an old shovel, digging a man-size hole into the ground which was wet from the rain last night.

Sunghoon stopped and turned, facing his girlfriend. Beads of sweat were falling across his pale face. Blood and dirt smudged his damp white shirt, and he had the same restrained stare he always wore when he wasn't feeling like a good boy.

Y/N fell on her knees, clawing at the grass as she figured what was inside the hole he dug. She couldn't resist the sight. And even if she tried, there was no chance to do so.

Sunghoon stooped down beside her and said. "I caught a cat, y/n. Poor thing."

Y/n could only freeze and cry out blue as she watched the gaping marks of the shovel on her best friend's chest and limbs.  It was a good try to help y/n escape from Sunghoon's hands. But the consequences of trying to bring her back to her home costed his own life. And to y/n, it hurt a hundred times more than watching Sunghoon kill everyone that was not him.

"A cat tried to help someone escape last night." He let out a vicious smile, trying to taunt her. "But he failed, and got himself killed instead. He looks uglier now. Right, Y/n?"

Words couldn't escape from her mouth as tears kept falling, causing her eyes to be redder and sadder.

Sunghoon moved closer to her and whispered some more. "You're not going anywhere, do you understand?"

She could only nod and make a fool out of herself. After all, her juvenile dream of going home is slowly fading into bits.

Sunghoon cupped her face with his hand stained with fresh blood. "I'm sorry if I did this, Y/n. I didn't mean to frighten you. I—y/n—I never wanted to frighten you. You know I love you more than anything else in this world. And I would do anything to protect you. Do you understand?"

Y/n nodded, noticing his grip slowly tightening.

"There's only the two of us in this world. I can stop anyone that tries to prove that wrong. You're the only one that matters to me. So I should be the only one that matters to you, too."

Sunghoon leaned closer to her face, planting a kiss on her pale,cold lips. It was a short, gentle kiss as he quickly pulled away, with his expression suddenly changing into the one he thought y/n would feel secure about. Sadly, he was no longer the person y/n once knew, that was all too true. Sunghoon used to love her just right. But now, being loved by him is simply a gun aimed at her head.

"Don't turn against me again, alright?"

So this time, y/n made sure that they were the only people that mattered.

"Happy anniversary,  my love!" She welcomed sunghoon with a warm hug as soon as he arrived home. She could feel his hands stroking her long wavy hair.

"Happy anniversary! God, I've missed you already!" He said, pecking her soft cheek.

Y/n grabbed his hands and muttered excitedly. "Come, I've prepared something for our date!"

They stayed inside the apartment, with a candlelight dinner and music filling in the whole place. It was just like their first date, with nothing but talks and wine and just their mellow connection. Those were the things y/n was longing for so long, at least hoping that it would rekindle the spark that once faded away; a death of the light that made Sunghoon what he is now.

Later on, as the music went on, y/n asked for a dance with him. It was a silly demand. They haven't danced together for quite a long while, and they were not in the place to dance, specially that the only place that was a little bigger was the living room.

But they swayed along, anyway. Each step synchronizing with the soft melody. Y/N realized it was still possible to live in the 80's, pretending there were no loud noises and violence, just a quiet moment with him.

"You make me so happy, Y/n." Sunghoon said, holding her waist.

"So do you." She replied, leaning on his shoulders. "I want to stay like this forever with you."

Sunghoon smiled. "My love, you will always be by my side. We can surely stay like this forever."

"I want to make you happy everytime." Y/n said, stroking his sleek black hair. To be close to him, the thought of him loving her gentle touches, the idea of being afraid of him but still being able to feel loved, there was nothing more terrifying than their romance.

"Well, is there anything else that makes me happy except for you?" He let out a soft chuckle.

"But Sunghoon, I'm going home." She replied.

He suddenly stopped, facing Y/n, "I told you, you're not going anywhere." His glare suddenly went colder.

"This is not a request, Sunghoon. You know I love you, and part of loving you is letting you go."

Before Sunghoon could say a word, the door slammed open, with the siren starting and the police heading fast towards them and dragging Sunghoon and cuffing his hands, holding him down.

"You are under arrest."

Y/N watched as the commotion started. From the inside of the house to the backyard where her best friend was buried, and onto the gate where she saw her boyfriend  being led inside the police car.

She could see him gaze at her with blank eyes and a straight face. He seemed too wretched to resist their forceful grips and chains on his wrists. It was the last painful sight she could ever see, and it felt a little lighter to be like a child.

It felt a little lighter to cry.