TASK ONE ENTRIES: THE TRAINING

Start from the beginning

"I'll win." She tosses her head and stalks off towards the baton station.

________________________________________

DISTRICT 2 FEMALE: ASHER CREED

"I'm from district 2, Asher Creed" I drawled my words slowly as I strolled across the room towards the game makers, who were hiding behind a glass wall. "But you already know that, don't you"

"Yes, we do. You may begin now" The head game maker, Harrington Octavious, spoke. He sounded entirely too excited to my ears.

I hummed softly as I continued to stand there. The tension in the room grew as I continued to do nothing but hum. Finally, Octavious broke it by opening his mouth. Of course nothing came out because as soon as he went to talk, I turned on my heel and walk away. "I think I'll do just that"

I walked over to the throwing knife station certain I had their attention. But I still need their interest. Being favored by a game maker could mean the difference between life and death.

I grabbed a handful of knife and stared at them as if they were somehow lacking. They weren't but that's hardly surprising. They were made in my district after all. In a nonchalant manner, I threw them towards the mat located in the center of the room.

I barely even glanced at them as they landed in a single file line sticking out from the blue mat like little solders standing at attention. I repeated the action three more times until I had a 4x4 square. "Each knife is exactly one inch apart. Test it, if you don't believe me."

I didn't look to see how they reacted. Instead I marched off to the rack with filled with swords, spears, and the likes. One by one they were each thrown over my shoulder as if they were nothing but trash.

"District 2 has to test the weapons they make." The side of my lip twitch against my control "As the result of this, game makers, I know how to use any weapon you could possibly give me."

"Besides, if I showed you every single one of my skills, it would take weeks and make the game less interesting. Don't you think?"

Everything from the words the came from my lips to the way I stood screamed arrogance but I do have talents to back it up. "Despite this, I still have my favorites..." I flicked my fingers outward gesturing to the square of knifes.

"But if I have to give you my greatest talent, I must say that lays with the Dual Dao swords" I twirled around, dramatically taking in the room as if for the first time. "But see the twins, I do not. What a shame, I've been told that the training area has any weapon I could possibly what."

I grinned at them with my most charming smile. "I suppose the shows over then" My shoulders slumped and I looked at them with puppy dog eyes that even my father falls prey against. "It could have been so interesting too..."

My feet dragged against the floor as I slowly went to the door, the perfect picture of a kicked puppy. When I was within reaching distance of the door, it swung open on its own account.

A girl walked in. Besides her dramatic makeup, the girl was rather plain. At least she was in the capitol standards. Her hair was in a simple bun on top of her head and her clothes were one dimension, the only thing interesting is the fact that her dress and makeup are neon green.

In her hand she carried sheath and knew what to do, I would be a fool not to. I took the sword from her but didn't offer her any appreciation. It would be a foolish thing to thank an Avox right in front of the game makers.

So I turned my back to her and marched right back to my spot, dodging the stray weapon here and there. I pulled the sword out inch by inch as I held it to the level of my eye. When it was finally out, I dropped its home on the floor. The sound it created echoed throughout the room as I added to my mess.