Du Yue stared for a moment, at a loss for words. What he heard from Su Bai's murmurs made him frown. "Young Master, are you saying General Chu might kill Lord Su?"

Su Bai, seemingly unaware of Du Yue's reaction, continued to babble. "The General hides everything in his heart and doesn't tell anyone. Clearly feeling sad, he says there's nothing. If General Chu dies, he says it's no big deal, just wait for peace in the world and return the favor...."

"What are you saying?" Du Yue grabbed him, "Did my cousin really say that? So, he also has feelings for someone with the surname Chu. And that jade pendant surnamed Chu is still kept by him. I caused trouble by running to report..."

Su Bai, in a daze, continued to mutter, "My cousin keeps everything in his heart, doesn't tell anyone. Clearly feeling sad, he says there's nothing..."

"What my cousin hides in his heart...what my cousin hides..." Su Bai's words were getting more and more fragmented. Du Yue suddenly understood, but before he could say anything, Su Bai had already said, "If he's unhappy, maybe he's still blaming my cousin, thinking that my cousin deceived him. But my cousin really didn't deceive him. I've never seen my cousin being so good to anyone. How could it be fake..."

"What did you say?" Du Yue grabbed him, "Did my cousin really say that? Then, he also has feelings for someone with the surname Chu. And that jade pendant surnamed Chu is still kept by him. I caused trouble by running to report..."

Su Bai, in a daze, continued to mutter, "My cousin keeps everything in his heart, doesn't tell anyone. Clearly feeling sad, he says there's nothing..."

"What my cousin hides in his heart... what my cousin hides..." Su Bai's words were getting more and more fragmented. Du Yue suddenly understood, but before he could say anything, Su Bai had already said, "If he's unhappy, maybe he's still blaming my cousin, thinking that my cousin deceived him. But my cousin really didn't deceive him. I've never seen my cousin being so good to anyone. How could it be fake..."

The ancestral hall was silent, with the new leaves on the trees outside trembling in the wind. A gentle breeze brushed against the window edges, creating faint sounds. Sunlight streamed in, casting a gradually slanting pattern on the ground.

Su Shiyu knelt silently before the ancestral tablet, deeply immersed in his thoughts, seemingly unaffected by fatigue.

A clear bird's song rang out. Su Shiyu blinked slowly, turning his head to look. A slender blue-tailed sparrow landed on the window, hopping a few times and peering at the silent figure. With a flutter of its wings, it flew away, and Su Shiyu's gaze followed, capturing the expansive sky.

Through the ancestral hall window, a narrow section of the pond was visible. The servants had already cleared the pond as ordered, yet amidst the emptiness, a struggling red lotus had grown near the edge. Overlooked or neglected, it bloomed prematurely in the unsuitable soil and water. Despite its slender appearance, it stood proudly with a half-open blossom.

Su Shiyu's gaze cleared gradually, fixated on the red lotus, unable to look away.

In the dim, cold light of the world, that touch of red resembled blood in his heart, almost scorching his vision.

His hand on the side trembled involuntarily, then tightened. Su Shiyu closed his eyes deeply, sighed after a long while, and finally smiled bitterly.

"What's going on?" Su Yi stood in front of the ancestral hall, asking the guard on duty. "Where's Su Shirou? Why isn't he here?"

"Just now, Young Master Du came and took him away. They should be going somewhere together."

"This kid, always playing around. It's so late, and he's still wandering." Su Yi frowned. "How is the young master inside?"