City Girls Part 3

Reader plays for the Man City girls academy. She struggles a bit but gets Ruben to mentor her. The the two don't hit off despite having many things in common. It all gets worse when Reader eventually catches feelings for Ruben. 

Enjoy!

Your first training session with Ruben was not what you had signed up for. One week passed without hearing a word from him. You hadn't exchanged numbers or anything, but you expected there to be more effort from his side to seek you up. You obviously couldn't look for him in the main building, but Ruben had all access to find you. Yet, you heard nothing from him, letting a whole week pass.

"Pass the ball Y/N!" Coach shouted. "Pass Sandra the ball!"

But why? You thought. It was another frustrating training session. You ran across the field, the football glued to your feet. Your teammate, Sandra, ran along side you but on the other end. It didn't make any sense. Why pass the ball when you could dribble?

"No, Y/N, don't!"

You managed to get past a front line of players, taking the shot and scoring the goal yourself. Still, coach wasn't happy with your performance.

"If you don't like the way I run my play then pack your bags and go home!" He said.

You stayed back after training, collecting all the balls that had been used during the session. The task at hand took you twice as long as it should have. Some of the balls you were meant to collect you shot aimlessly in frustration. You had a need to get all your anger out and this seemed to be a therapeutic way to do it.

"Merda!" (Shit!)

Your cries echoed across the empty football field. A sense of hopelessness washing over you. You were on the brink from crying when you spotted him.

"Ruben!"

You shouted his name seeing him leave the main building. He looked done for the day, dressed in regular attire, wearing designer sneakers.

"Hey Ruben, wait up!"

He was walking towards the parking lot, a trail of other first team players doing the same. Some of them turned to acknowledge the girl running towards them in a frenzy. They laughed, thinking you were some silly academy kid.

"Ruben please!" You shouted, desperate to catch up with him.

"Hey Dias, I think you have a new fan."

Ruben, who was walking ahead of his teammates, looked up from his phone.

"Finally." You sighed.

He acknowledge you, raising a brow. However his attention was quickly drawn back to his phone, ignoring you this way.

"No!"

He continued towards his car.

"Seu burro gordo!" (You fat donkey!)

There was a ball near your feet. You stepped back, then rushed towards it. The ball launched across the field towards the surrounding fence. It hit the fence with such force, rattling it. Some players flinched, the force of your shot suprising them. However, Ruben hand't noticed. You found another ball, stepped back and took the shot.

"Hey, watch it!"

The ball flew pass the fence, over it, landing on the concrete before bouncing off another players car. The ball almost hit Ruben and this time you had his full attention.

"You promised!" You said, breathless.

His expression was more or less unfazed. Your heart sank seeing him turn his back on you, continuing towards his car.