Try Me - Epilogue

Summary - A six part series where reader is a very passionate football player and Ruben is her new and equally passionate football coach. However, the two of them can't seem to get along.

Enjoy!

You clenched your hand tightly around the steering wheel. The drive from London had gone smooth but as you drove down the familiar streets of your hometown, nostalgia flooded your veins. It had been three long years since you left and moved to London. You often had a reason to come back though, like today, which was Mimi's tenth birthday. There were a lot of things to look forward to today, but also a lot of things that make you anxious, or one thing really, and that was seeing Ruben again.

"Uncle, uncle, she's home!"

You got ambushed at the door, Mimi jumping into your arms, almost knocking you over.

"You look so pretty." You squealed. She wore the dress you bought her the last time you were there visiting. She had grown so big Mimi, so intelligent and beautiful.

"Look who decided to come back to the right United." Uncle Ernesto appeared behind you and Mimi.

You take back what you said about retirement doing him dirty. He seemed to bask in the freedom of having no obligations, however, you were glad that he still helped coaching the women's junior team. Now Mimi had the privilege of calling him her coach, just like you had.

"Stop it uncle Ernesto." You put down Mimi and gave him a hug. "Just because I'm playing for West Ham now doesn't make us enemies."

Uncle Ernesto's favorite team had always been Manchester Untied. he was a bit bitter when he found out that you'd accepted the offer to go to West Ham three years ago. All thanks to Ruben. Unlike you he never gave up on you or your dreams. Despite your initial decline, he told his scout friend, Marco Silvato, to put in a good word for you with the club. It turned out to be the perfect club for you, located only four hours from Manchester and Mimi. The wages that they paid you allowed you to take care of her expenses even though Uncle Erensto was initially her guardian, her adoptive father.

"Y/N! There is a big cake for me, wanna see?"

"In a minute Mimi, just let me talk to my uncle for a sec."

"Okay, but don't be too long."

You waited for Mimi to run into the other room.

"Is he here?" You asked, angst reflected in your voice.

Uncle Ernesto smiled. "He's in the backyard, trying to set up that raggidy goal that Mimi insisted we put up."

Read the full epilogue on my Patreon by klicking the link below!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ruben-dias-x-try-98082594