Top Spies Part 4

Ruben and Reader are super spies, who have to pretend to be a married couple on vacation as a co-signed mission. A enemies to lovers fic, very sweet and funny!

Enjoy! 

"It's strange right, him being here on the island?"

Back at the villa. You had your suitcase ready on the bed, clothes scattered all around you. An outfit was needed for tonights dinner.

"So it was him asking you out and not the other way around?"

You paused to look at Ruben who observed you from where he stood arms crossed, leaning against the doorframe.

"Why would I ask another man out for dinner?" You frowned. "I'm married to you, remember?"

"I dunno, you seem very excited to go on a date with a world known criminal. Are you sure your marrige to me was brought up?"

"Have you never heard of keeping your enemies close? I'm excited that the guy our mission revolves around is here on the island. This means we have a chance to bust him by catching him in the act."

"This guy is dangerous Y/N. We're only here to assess the situation and report back to the agency."

Ruben pushed of the door frame and began going through his own suitcase. He had agreed to go out for dinner but only because declining an invitation from your host would raise too much suspicion.

"Not that shirt." You protested.

Ruben raised his head, eyebrows furrowed.

The shirt he pick for tonight, you didn't like it. "The black one fits you better." You shrugged.

He chuckled, but did as you wished, refolding the shirt, grabbing the black one instead.

You decided to walk to the marina. Surley alcohol would be served during dinner so it was better for you and Ruben to be on the safe side getting back home.

You and Ruben arrived early. Looking around the restaurant there was a sea of empty tables, not a single person occupying them.

"What are you doing?" Ruben asked, as he watched you switch to sit next to him instead of across from him.

"He said he was bringing his whole family." You replayed. It was better to sit next to Ruben than a stranger.

"Well, here they come." Ruben sighed.

Surely it was Alejandro Martinez and his whole family. People of all ages, young and old. You recognized some of them from you first night at the resort, the boy that Ruben saved from choking and the old woman that had complemented your dress.

"Quick, put your arm around me."

"What?" Ruben frowned. "Why would I do that?"

Alejandro and his family were coming your way. It seemed like the whole restaurant was booked for only them. Whilst the children occupied their own tables, Alejandro and his relatives approached yours.

"Fuck Ruben. Do somthing, anything that indicates that you love me."

There hadn't been need for that on the mission so far. You and Ruben had mostly gone your separate ways during the day and during the night you had been lurking in the shadows, focusing only on your mission. There was no need for you to act like a madly in love couple if no one was looking. However, tonight, both you and Ruben had to step your game up.

Ruben draped an arm around you as you stood to greet your host.

"Y/N!" Alejandro exclaimed, greeting you as if you were his long lost friend. "Pleasure to finally see you off the golf course."