My Brother's Best Friend Part 2

Summary - Reader rencounters her brother's best friend and the two of them hit it off quite well.

Enjoy! 

You arrived at the national football stadium just in time for kick off. Portugal vs South Korea. You arrived with your lungs in your throat.

"Y/N!" Your mother waved at the sight of you. "I saved you a seat."

"Thanks Mamãe."

Too bad your family hadn't saved you a seat in the back of their car, then you wouldn't have had to ride your bike like a delivery boy on a rush.

Your brother wasn't on the field yet, however Ruben was, fulfilling his childhood dream of playing defense for the mens national team. You smiled at the fact that he had styled his hair for the game. He had left it untamed picking you up from the airport, but now he had it cut short and styled with wax. You two hadn't talked since your ride from the airport, perhaps Ruben had been busy all day leading up to the big game. He probably hadn't seen the text you left him this morning, wishing him good luck.

"There he is, that's my boy!"

Your whole family stood and cheered at the sight of your brother, standing on the sidelines, ready to be put into the game of his life. He only played the last minutes though, the final score being a 1-1 draw. He and Ruben was seen embracing each other as the ref blew the final whistle. In that moment, watching them, you understood why Ruben had acted the way he did after stealing a kiss from you the other day. You were his brothers best friend and if he was ever put in a position to choose between you and your brother, which relationship he cherish the most, it would definitely be him. Everyone always chose your brother over you.

"Hey little sis! Glad you could make it."

The players families were allowed on enter the pitch once the crowd had scattered.

"You were amazing!" You told your brother.

"Best eight minutes of my life." He grinned. "It was Ruben here who was the real match hero, playing a full ninety minutes."

Somehow you got shuffled towards him and Ruben wasn't wearing a shirt at the time which made things even less convenient.

"Hey." He mumbled, or more so grunted.

"You were amazing." You smiled, hoping he'd return it.

"Thanks, I hope you enjoyed it even though we lost."

You frowned. "You didn't lose. It was a tie."

"Same thing." He shrugged.

"Ruben I..."

But that was that. That was the end of your conversation. Ruben pushed past you like your name was Casper the friendly ghost.

"BBQ at our place, how about that!" Ruben's dad announced.

Everyone cheered in agreement, everyone except for you and Ruben, who had already retreated back to the teams locker rooms.

"Alright everyone, let's split up in our cars and meet at the restaurant!"

"But dad, my bike?" You protested.

He shook his head. "There is no room for your bike. Ride it back home and walk to the restaurant. We'll meet you there"

"Right, walk."

It wouldn't be a long walk. However you were mad about the principle of it all. How come you had to take the bike in the first place? You're practically the guest in the house.

"Tomorrow." You said. Tomorrow, once they'd drop you off at the airport, you'd let your family know that you weren't feeling valued enough.

You got home in twelve minutes, although you had made it to the stadium in six. You had no keys to the garage so you had to drag your bike through the house to get there. However the sound of the doorbell caught you. Moments later, you appeared at the door, eyes widening in surprise when you saw him.