Top Spies Part 7

Ruben and Reader are super spies, who have to pretend to be a married couple on vacation as a co-signed mission. A enemies to lovers fic, very sweet and funny!

Enjoy!

You and Ruben got dressed and headed straight to the golf course on foot. The night was quiet. Too quiet for your liking.

Ruben made sure that Andrés Fierro's body would not be found by anyone. But it was most likely that Alejandro already knew that his partner in crime was missing.

"Careful." Ruben said, thinking of your wounded shoulder.

"I'm fine Ruben."

You entered the golf course through the main gates and continued in the direction of the ranch. The golfballs should be right....

"Gone." You gasped. The piles of golfballs had all been removed from the ranch, every last one of them.

"What do we do now?"

Unlike you, Ruben did not look ready to leave empty handed, especially since the two of you had come up empty with the submarine.

"Let's check the machine." He said and led the way towards the golfball vendor.

"I don't have my card." You whispered. It was back at the villa.

Ruben went around the machine looking for stray balls that may have rolled under it.

"Found one!"

He returned to you, the golfball in his hand.

"It feels and looks like a normal golfball. Should I crack it open?"

"No."

You turned your head. The silhouette of the country club was lit up ahead of you. "There is a fountain." You said, unhanding Ruben the golfball.

You remberd the conversation you had with Alejandro earlier that day, about your suggestion to add more obstacles to his golf course, like a pond. He stated that the golfballs ending up in water would be too much of a hastle. It never hit you what he actually meant by that.

You went over to the grand water fountain that decorated the entrance to the country club and dropped the golfball into the depths of it. You and Ruben watched it sink to the bottom of the pool, hoping that the answers would come to you just as easy as the ball had plumit into the clear water.

"Look!" You pointed. Not much happned at first, you were looking at a perfectly normal golfball, white in its shade and round in its shape. But as minutes went by, you found it difficult to spot the white dot. The water surrounding it became murky as if a fist full of sand had been tossed into it.

"It's desolving." Ruben said, confirming what you were witnessing.

In a few minutes time the golfball had desolved into a white powder that coated the surface of the water.

Ruben dipped his finger to feel its consistency. He then looked at you, nodding his head. "We'll have to run some test, but I bet that this is what we've been looking for. The drugs have been constructed into golf balls, disguised for mass importation. If we report back to the agency tonight we can have a warrant for Alejandro Martinez arrest by tomorrow morning."

"Not so fast."

Both you and Ruben flinched at the sound of a sharp voice.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Mr and Mrs Moreno."

You and Ruben turned around slowly, confirming that it was indeed Alejandro Martinez who stood behind you, as well as two goons, each with a pointing gun in hand.

"Or should I say, Miss Y/L/N?"

A sharp sensation swept your stomach as Alejandro spoke your name, your real last name.

Ruben was already looking at you once you turned to look at him. You shook your head. "I didn't tell him, I swear."

"But you almost did, didn't you?" Alejandro smiled as he dared take a step forward. "Just this morning, you almost let it slip, didn't you?"

You said nothing.

"Well I had to do some research of my own. I thought you were simply to good of a golf player not to have come across me before. Turns out I was right, Y/N." He smirked complecently.

He dared take another step forward but paused as Ruben flinched beside you.

"Hold up now." He raised a warning finger. His goons behind him had also shifted their weapons, both of them now aming at Ruben.

"I have shown you my hospitality, the last thing you can do is show me yours."

"Whay do you want?" Ruben said through gritted teeth.

Alejandro smiled. "How about a headstart?"

Ruben frowned. Alejandro looked to you. "You are federal agents, no? Here to do what many others has attempted to do but all failed miserably. You have come to arrest me, no? To put an end to my golden empire?"

You and Ruben said nothing, you were to busy eyeing the goons that had gun's pointing at you. But then Alejandro started laughing, in the midst of all seriousness.

"I say catch me of you can." He chuckled, a hand to his stomach. "How stupid do you think I am? I knew you two were trouble right from the beginning, although I invited you to stay at my villa with my sincerest gratitude for saving my dear nephew."

Alejandro took another step forward and didn't stop until Ruben took a large step towards you, grabbing your hand. Seeing your hands interwine clearly startled the man.

"You are not the first ones who have attempted to arrest me in my own home." He said, although he spoke to the both of you he only had eyes for you. "Nor the first ones who have made it as far as to locate my submarine. However, you are the first federal agents to kill one of my men and the first to discover my cleaver secret."

Again, you felt a sharp pain through your gut as Alejandro's narrowed gaze only seemed to target you. Ruben must have noticed this because he was squeezing your hand to the point of hurting.

"Oh how I wished the best of you." Alejandro said. "But you were right, you are a complete waste of talent."

"Grab her!"

It all happened so fast, one of the goons lunging forwards, throwing his arms around you, capturing you. The other goon firing his weapon, his weapon that was pointed at Ruben.

"No, please!"

Ruben fell to the ground, squirming in pain. He had been shot in the leg.

"Tell your captain that unless the Portuguese federals get off my back, more blood will be shed tonight, this time the blood of one of your own."

As Alejandro's goon held you down, the other one came running with tape to drape around your head and mouth. You gagged with how tight he wrapped it.

"Y/N!"

Ruben heard you and tired to get to you, but the blood gushing out if his wound prevented him.

"Here." Alejandro said, tossing Ruben an old cell phone. "Call your captain, however I get a 24 hour headstart to leave the Island. Unless this is respected prepare to find your wife at the bottom of the ocean."

You squirmimed and fought as Alejandro's goons escorted you away towards the parking lot and into the backseat of a black Range Rover. They slammed the door on you to the sound of Ruben's painful cry, his cry for you.