Brotherly Love Part 3

Summary - The sequel to The Houseguest where Ruben and Reader have been dating long distance for a year. The two of them finally plans to spend a holiday together, but to Readers suprise and disappointment, Ruben brings her brother Bernardo with them. 

Enjoy!

Once again you went to bed alone but woke up to Ruben by your side. He was snoring in a deep sleep, tired from entertainig Bernardo all night and not you, his girlfriend.

You got up and out of bed, leaving Ruben to his slumber. Your parents were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary today. You came downstairs to see that preparations for the party were already being made.

"Morning. "

"Y/N! Good morning." Your dad rose from the kitchen table at the sight of you. "How is my beautiful daughter?"

"I'm okay, I guess. How was your drive down here?"

"Great, honey."

He called for your mother, who poked her head out from the living room.

"Y/N! Good to see you again. How is work?"

"School mom, I'm still in school."

"Of course you are. How is school?"

"Can someone help me with these?" Anita entered the room carrying a box of garden lights.

"Here, I got you baby."

She was followed by your exboyfriend...

"Thomas?"

"Y/N." He paused at the sight of you. "H...how are you?"

"I'm good thanks. How are you?"

"I'm..."

"Yes, yes. Everyone's good. A little help please."

Thomas rushed to unhand the box of lights from Anita.

"Y/N, go wake up Bernardo. He is supposed to pick up the groceries from the fish market. We are having seafood tonight."

You could only imagine Bernardo asleep in his room, hungover from last night.

"No. Don't worry, I can do it." You said. The house was getting a bit crowded already. You needed to get out.

Arriving in town you strolled down to the bustling fish market, the salty ocean air filling your lungs as you navigated through the crowds of merchants and customers. You had always loved this place, the smell of fresh fish and the sound of seagulls crying overhead transporting you to a simpler time.

As you browsed the stalls, your eyes scanning the array of colorful catches, you noticed a handsome young man watching you from across the way. He had piercing green eyes and chiseled features that seemed almost too perfect to be real. You felt a flutter in your chest as he caught your eye and smiled, his lips curving up into a charming grin.

"Hello there," he said, sauntering over to you with confident strides. "What brings you to our market today?"

You felt yourself blushing at his forwardness, but there was something endearing about him that put you at ease. "I'm just picking out some fish for dinner," you replied, gesturing to the basket in your arm. "And you are...?"

He flashed you another dazzling smile. "I'm Victor, the merchant's son. And I must say, you look absolutely breathtaking today."

You laughed, feeling a spark of attraction ignite within you. "Thank you, kind sir," you teased, trying to play it cool. But Victor wouldn't let up - he continued to flirt with you shamelessly, making you laugh and blush with every passing moment. It felt good, capturing a man's attention like this. Ruben had you forget how easy it could be.