Chapter 11, The Sleepwalker★Part 7

Part 7. The Hazy Vermin Disaster

After the sun, mirror, cell phone, and other smoke shapes, the wisdom caterpillar exhaled three new smoke shapes— one was a castle, another was a crown, and the last was a bird mask.

"Is that mask... Mr. Blackfeather?" Amisa asked in confusion.

"Amisa! Why are you still calling him Mister.'?" Toosb protested.

After releasing the smoke, the wisdom caterpillar asked the three of them, "You've probably heard about the history of White Castle, right?"

Jasky replied, "You mean this place used to be called the Chess Kingdom?"

The wisdom caterpillar nodded, and then exhaled a smoke in the shape of a skull, which spread throughout the entire castle. "Decades ago, the Chess Kingdom was struck by a plague, and countless citizens were infected and lost their lives. Even the king fell victim to the disease. Taking advantage of this situation, the Red Queen launched a coup and established the Kingdom of Hearts. That's how history was recorded..."

The wisdom caterpillar then revealed the crown smoke shape. "...but the truth is: the Red Queen obtained the Forbidden Dream Device and used its power to absorb the dream force of the citizens. Dream force is equivalent to the soul of the dream spirit, and losing dream force means losing one's life."

"So, that Forbidden Dream Device is..."

Amisa showed a worried expression, and the wisdom caterpillar disassembled the old cloth lying on the bed, revealing the pitch-black mirror frame. The aura emanating from it sent shivers down everyone's spines. "The Black Mirror. It has the ability to absorb and subvert dream realms. Whoever possesses it gains unprecedented power, but at the same time, they are consumed by the mirror's desires and negative emotions, turning into a cruel and insatiable tyrant."

"I see. So, during the Tea Cup House and the Inverted House, Amisa turned into that because of it?" Jasky still vividly remembered Amisa's terrifying expression.

"That's right. Not only the possessor but also those who are too close to the Black Mirror can be indirectly affected."

"Oh! So that's why Amisa and the Shy Boy were arguing so fiercely," Toosb said.

"Yes... I'm sorry..." Amisa felt a bit embarrassed and looked down, but the wisdom caterpillar smiled and said, "No, Amisa, I actually want to praise you."

"Huh?"

"Even though you were in the Five Dust Trials, influenced by the Black Mirror, your mental strength didn't collapse. Your willpower is beyond imagination."

"Really? It was alright... After all, I've been through darker times..." Amisa scratched her face shyly.

"Squeak, squeak!" Mido happily poked its owner's face.

"Amisa's resilience is unmatched by ordinary people. Hahaha!" Toosb proudly declared.

"What are you so proud of..." Jasky said with a wry smile.

Finally, the wisdom caterpillar brought out the bird mask smoke shape. "Unfortunately, the Red Queen didn't have it. She was directly manipulated by Mr. Blackfeather to use this dreadful device, resulting in an irreparable tragedy."

Amisa looked frightened. "An...irreparable tragedy?"

"Under the influence of the Black Mirror, the Red Queen became an insatiable tyrant. Under her oppressive rule, the people suffered immensely. At that time, we tried to gather a revolutionary army to resist, but we were overwhelmed by the overwhelming Poker Card forces and vast dream power. We were defeated and pushed back. At the point of desperation, Hoelex secret organization appeared!"