Chapter 10, Five Dust Escape Room★Part 5

Part 5. The unspoken implication

"It's me." Jasky heard the familiar voice and slowly lowered his hand, raising his head.

"You cleared the level?" Jasky asked with a puzzled look.

"Yeah!" Toosb took out the headpiece of the key and said, "Just as you said, the key parts were hidden in those giant appliances. I found them inside one of the telephones."

"But those telephones won't..."

"Are you talking about the insults? Don't be fooled by their size. The appliances themselves won't attack people. Just ignore the negative accusations and find the underlying message. I discovered the crucial telephone by listening to encouragement from my father in many of the handsets."

Toosb looked cautiously ahead as the loudspeakers of the record players approached again, causing Jasky's legs to tremble uncontrollably.

"Jasky." Toosb called his name directly for the first time and extended a hand to Jasky, saying, "The law of attraction. Even in adversity, stay positive so that your dreams can be attracted to you."

"..." Jasky extended his hand and let Toosb pull him up.

"To pass this level, you must gather the courage to confront them. When you're scared, think of Amisa's affirmations!"

Jasky blushed and turned his face away. "I didn't expect you to be reliable too..."

"Haha! I just went through a tough time myself. No time to waste. Are you ready?" Toosb noticed the floor starting to shake.

Jasky nodded. "Okay."

"Alright, on the count of three, let's charge forward! One, two, three, go!"

With unwavering determination, the two of them rushed forward, and the record players and radios responded by turning the volume to the maximum:

Fatso!

Disgusting guy!

Hey, fatty, get lost!

The increasing insults fueled Jasky's insecurities, constantly tempting him to turn back. Toosb held onto his arm and encouraged him, saying, "Don't pay attention to them! Listen for the underlying message!"

"The underlying message..." Jasky tried hard to compose himself, suppressing his negative emotions and carefully listening. Gradually, he began to faintly hear a tiny voice:

Do you still want me as your mom?

He discovered a small inconspicuous record player hidden in the corner. Its voice sounded different from the other appliances' insults, so he dashed over and grabbed the small record player.

"Did you find it?" Toosb caught up.

"Quiet." Jasky held the record player tightly and listened attentively.

"Child, do you know? Your father sacrificed his family and life for his dream of magician. Mom doesn't want you to follow the same path. Mom knows you have dreams, but the strict training in pastry every day is not to make you become a pastry chef necessarily. It's to ensure that on your journey towards your dreams, you have at least one skill to support yourself. You must become a responsible adult with shoulders to rely on. You're Mom's most precious son. Mom hasn't thrown away any of the magic props; they are safely kept in the cabinet. When the time is right, Mom will give them back to you and let you pursue your dreams. Please come out of your room, okay?"

After the small tape recorder finished playing, the other speakers around automatically returned to their original positions and stopped moving. Jasky lowered his head in silence and retrieved the key component from under the small tape recorder's tape.

Amisa asked curiously from the side, "Did you cry?"

"No," Jasky wiped away the tears that had accidentally escaped and stood up. "Let's go and help Amisa."

"Oh, oh! I just went to check on her. She said she would handle it herself and asked me to come and help you."

"Ah... I can't believe she was worried about me."

"Squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak!" At that moment, Mido flew over from the other side, biting onto Jasky's ear and pulling it back. "Hey! Did Amisa get the component?"

"What's wrong?" Seeing Mido's panicked expression, Jasky realized something was off. "Did something happen to Amisa?"

"I hope not!"

The two hurriedly made their way through the maze of electronics in the middle and found Amisa entangled in the wires of headphones and microphones, with the third key component in her hand. The surrounding speakers continuously played insults towards her:

"Amisa, your singing is amazing! Better than any kid in the world~"

"What else can you do besides dreaming every day? Do you think you're a princess?"

"Are you still releasing albums? You shameless thing."

Amisa gave up struggling and let the headphones and microphones entangle her while the insults continued. An uncomfortable black glow emanated from her pockets.

"This is strange. Didn't she get the component?" Jasky said nervously. At that moment, the surroundings shook once again. Jasky looked at the water tobacco clock and saw less than 30 seconds remaining.

"Birdie, hand me the component first. Silly bunny, go check if there's a Portal of Harmony nearby."

"Huh? Aren't we going to save Amisa first?"

"We don't have time. Find the portal first, or we'll all die here."

"Okay, I got it."

"Squeak, squeak!" Mido took the key component from Amisa's weak hand and handed it to Jasky. Jasky quickly assembled the three key components. The ceiling was collapsing, and there were only 10 seconds left.

"There's no portal anywhere!" Jasky shouted anxiously.

"It's here!" Jasky found a keyhole in the middle of a massive speaker assembly in the midst of the maze. He inserted the just assembled key, and with a click, a hidden door inside the speaker automatically opened. The floor started to crack, and there were less than 5 seconds remaining.

"Shy guy, save Amisa!"

"Damn it! I can't make it!" The floor in the direction of Amisa collapsed completely. Jasky quickly took off his hat, intending to use his Star Point to leap over, but unexpectedly, the ceiling above also collapsed. Frantically, Jasky heard Bunny shout, "Watch out from above!"

"Oh no!"

At the critical moment, a large amount of water vapor emerged from the other end of the door and forcefully dragged Amisa, Jasky, and Rabbitus into the Portal of Harmony, with Mido following behind. Only one second remained on the clock.

Rumbling and crashing sounds echoed as the "Realm of Earcolors" completely collapsed, and the massive speaker assembly sealed shut after sucking everyone inside, while the vast electronic jungle was crushed under the debris.