Chapter 3, Ivitations to movie filming from England Part 8

Part 8, Through the Looking-Glass

After arriving in London, the actors must have a rehearsal training about one month before shooting. In order to adapt to the dress that she has not worn for many years, Amisa communicated with the stylist and tried it many times. Finally, she gradually tried to accept her new self. In addition, there were English script recitation, expression change, physical fitness test and other exercises. In order to cherish the hard won performance opportunities, she worked harder than expected.

Due to the good performance of the protagonist, director Tim fulfilled the agreement to take her to visit London scenic spots two days before the film. The two took the antique subway early in the morning. Because of their long history, there are no escalators and elevators. If they are used to taking the Taipei MRT for a long time, they will be very uncomfortable.

In addition, different from the sunny environment in New North, London is almost rainy. Although it is drizzling, few people are seen holding umbrellas in the streets, but the temperature is low. You can feel a mysterious atmosphere when you get out of the subway.

The sidewalk is made of white ceramic bricks. Most of the buildings are Victorian. There are rare double decker buses on the road. Not far away is Big Ben, a famous scenic spot in London. You can see cruise ships, Ferris wheels and London iron bridge along the Thames River.

They found the address according to the postcard message, but it was a glass room restaurant. Amisa looked at the postcard and compared it with the restaurant: "it says... It's right here."

"This is a well-known shop in London that many lovers must visit. Look at those private glass houses. The night view will be very romantic!" Tim explained happily.

It was thought that the postcard address in the iron box might be the former residence of her parents, but the tourist attractions let Amisa feel a little lost. The memories of her parents in those years have been vague, and the truth seems to have sunk to the bottom of the sea.

Seeing that the girl was in a low mood, director Tim immediately proposed to go to a place to relieve her mood: "go! Miss Amisa, take you to a good place."

"Eh? Is it..."

"Where we are going to make a film."

★ ★ ★

Hampsteadheath, the largest natural park in North London, covers an area of about 12 Taipei Da'an forest parks. The sun is very precious to British people. You can see that the grassland in the afternoon is full of tourists who want to bask in the sun. It is hard to imagine that there will be such a vast natural Park in the city center, except for grasslands, forests and lakes, There is also a villa site of the last century - Kenwood house.

The two of them came to the grassland and sat down on the ground. The sunshine in London was not as hot as that in Taipei, but there was a warm atmosphere. This feeling made Amisa unconsciously said, "I often... Have a dream."
"Hehe ~ what dream?" Tim asked curiously.

"When I was a child, I came to the countryside with my parents for a picnic. There were comfortable sunshine, vast grasslands and a very huge tree. My mother and I sang on the hillside. My father took pictures of our family..."

"Oh, I can't believe that you can remember your dreams so clearly. My words, no matter it's a beautiful dream or a nightmare, you will forget everything as long as you wake up. The deepest dreams are like passing clouds ~ ~ do you want to drink?" Tim takes the milk coffee out of the paper bag.

"... thank you. Maybe this is my real memory? I only found the address of one restaurant..."Amisa took a sip of the coffee, and the cold feeling immediately lubricated her whole body.

Director Tim filled the coffee as water in one breath, lit the cigarette pipe with a match, and let the cigarette continue to fly into the sky: "don't worry, the turn will always come. Just like I am easy to forget my dream, but I remember the castle clearly, which gave birth to the inspiration of this film. Let it be. The subconscious will always arouse your true memory at the critical moment."

"Is that why Mr. Tim thinks the White Castle is real?"

"That's right." Tim looked up at the sky and said firmly, "people always say that dreams are just illusions of escapism and self satisfaction. But if so, why did everyone have the same dream in the Civic Square? In the Bible, God even sent messages to the prophets through dreams. Are these all illusions? Maybe dreams are the real world, and our world is just illusory ~"

"Er... It's too philosophical for me to understand..."Amisa could only drink milk coffee in silence.

"Haha, it doesn't matter. I'm just talking casually. Have you seen Alice in Wonderland?"

Amisa replied in a positive tone: "yes, during the practice period, in order to better integrate into the character, I borrowed a novel. Alice chased the rabbit in a hurry.

After falling into the rabbit hole, she met a variety of dream characters, including the queen of hearts, the poker player, the Mad Hatter, and the intelligent insect. Although they were inexplicable, they felt very fantastic ~"

"Ha ha, not bad. Have you seen the second episode, Alice Through the Looking-Glass?"

"Eh? Through the Looking-Glass?" The sudden noun made her head a little confused: "yes... Sorry, I didn't know there was a second episode..."

"Hahaha ~ no need to apologize. In fact, most people, like you, only think of sleepwalking in Wonderland, and take the Alice through the Looking-Glassas an additional item. I started to read it carefully after the castle accident. The mirror may be a passage to another world ~"

"Do I also want to review the adventure in the mirror?" Inner uneasiness.

"It doesn't matter. We'd better follow the performance of sleepwalking in Wonderland tomorrow. After all, the audience has a good memory of it. So far, your performance has been quite good. I hope you can keep practicing and present my sleepwalking in Wonderland when the film starts shooting tomorrow!"

"Well, I will work hard."

"As long as you believe, everything will go well!" Tim held up the iced milk coffee to Amisa and said, "I wish all our wishes come true. Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

After that, they talked about some trivial things about life, and even forgot to visit Kenwood house, but this alone has made Amisa very satisfied. After returning to the hotel, she felt uneasy and looked forward to this seemingly nonsense but somewhat real "falling into the rabbit hole" section, hoping that she could perform well.