Why is it so warm in the morning?

Takes place after "Warmth". Honestly, I wasn't planning to write what happens after but a lot of people seem curious and it actually got me curious so here it is

Kitty's closed eyelids twitched when the sunlight hit them. Morning had come and it was time to get some work done. But the theif wanted to sleep longer. She turned her face away from the beaming sun only to meet something orange and...furry? 'Hey....why is the sun orange? Wait. Why is so warm this morning?' She thought in her head, opening her eyes to see what she was next to.

She realized that she was sleeping next to something with striped orange fur. Moving her eyes up, she saw Puss's face. Frowning in confusion, that's when Kitty realized that she was literally sleeping next to him. Realizing that, her face flushed pink and she stood up, staring at him as he continued sleeping, breathing softly. However, her ears twitched at something slipping, and she noticed a blanket on her.

She glanced down on it, but realized that it looked familiar. Lifting the fabric in her paws, she realized by the material it wasn't a blanket. It was Puss's cape. She recognize that turned and ripped up cape from previous fights in the past. As she had more questions coming up, her elbow bumped into something soft, and she spotted Perrito. The small dog was curled up against her on her right while Puss slept on her left.

"Qué?" She thought in her head, trying to progress all this. She didn't remember sleeping with them. She was sure that she had fallen asleep before all of them. Kitty remembered that Puss and Perrito stood watch. So, how did they end up like this.

Her questions would be answer sooner than she thought because Perrito started stirring in his sleep. He stretched his small legs, letting out a yawn as his blue eyes spotted Kitty awake. "Oh! Good morning, Kitty!" He greeted her, catching her attention.

"Um...good morning, Perrito. Hey, did anything happen last night? Anything strange?" She asked him, knowing well that the dog wasn't gonna hide anything. Even if he tried. "Hmm let me think. Hmm nope just me and Puss did some patrol and then we went to bed with you" be said casually, scratching the back of his ear with his hind leg.

"Ok. Um...and what led you and Puss to sleep next to me?" She asked him, pushing the cape away, due to the morning heat. "Oh yeah. So, Puss saw you shivering last night because it was really cold. So he slept right next to you and hugged you to keep you warm. He even gave you those sweet little kitty licks to keep you warm and even by wrapping your tail. It was really sweet to of him" he explained to her.

At hearing that, Kitty's face redden but not our of embarrassment. Just surprised. She remembered that last night was cold and she had trouble sleeping. Moving the cape off her legs, her blue eyes widen to find that their tails were indeed wrapped together. She looked at Puss, who continued to sleep peacefully, unaware of his girlfriend progressing what he did.

"I got worried that both Puss and you would cold so I put the cape on both of you and Puss had me sleep with you both so I would get cold. Isn't that sweet of him?" Perrito said as he got up and headed over to their bag to start preparing breakfast.

Kitty just continued to stare at her boyfriend, progressing what she just learn. While it startled her to wake up with him next to her, she started to relax and smile softly at him. It touched her how he did everything be could to keep her warm and help her get a goodnight sleep. Leaning down, she pressed a soft kiss on his cheek, adjusting the cape halfway so he wouldn't get too hot. The tuxedo cat looked at him one more time before getting up to help Perrito make breakfast.

Few minutes later....

"Sniff sniff"

Puss's pink nose twitched at the smell of eggs in the air. Blinking his eyes open, he yawned, letting his sharp white teeth shimmer from the sunlight. Following the smell, he turned his head to find Kitty cooking some eggs, and ham. Perrito had sandwiches prepared, adding cheese to them. "Ay Perrito. They are ready" she told him, alerting the dog to have the bread out and open so she can drop the piping hot eggs and ham on it.

"Buenos dias, amigos" Puss told them, sitting up. He stretched his back as he heard someone approach him. "Buenos dias, mi amor"  he heard Kitty said and found his face tilted up and small peck on his lips.

Before he couldn't even respond, a plate with a pitufo was put into his paws. "Here. Hope you hungry for pitufo" Kitty told him as she sat down and started eating hers with Perrito joining them. Puss blinked in surprised, wondering what that was about. Kitty seemed to be in a good mood.

"Um...gracias" he told her, starting to eat his breakfast. But then Kitty leaned into his ear "Gracias, ginger" she told him, moving back to her spot. The tabby stared at her confused, trying to progress what she meant. That's when he remembered about last night, realizing she had found out.

Glancing back at his girlfriend, she smiled contently as she eat her pitufo. Puss smiled, having a feeling that his favorite feline had a good cat nap.

A pitufo is small breakfast sandwich from Spain with cheese, jam, fried eggs or sausage