A Night to Chat Together (part 5)

Blinking, Puss's eyes opened tiredly, seeing the roof above him. He scanned around, seeing he was in a room, in a cat bed and there was a white towel on his forehead. The tomcat moved it off as he felt extremely tired and weakened.

He felt tired and his head throbbed. Memories of what happened came back to him. He remembered the heist gone wrong, him getting hurt and captured and then anthesized. His paw felt a white fabric on his chest and he glanced down to it. He found his chest wrapped with a bandage, where the cut was from the arrow

Glancing around, he saw his orange paw was being held by a white furry paw. Lifting his head up from the pillow, he saw that it was Kitty. Fast asleep by the bedside. He suddenly remembered that her face was the last thing he saw before he passed out completely. The ginger cat smiled, glad to see her again. He sat up but then a shock went through his head and he hissed in pain, holding it.

His hiss went through Kitty's ears, stirring her awake. She opened her eyes tiredly, lifting her head up. But once her vision cleared and she saw Puss finally awake, her eyes widen and she was fully awake. "Puss?" She asked him, wanting to be sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Hola Kitty" he groaned tiredly, mustering a weak smile. The moment his voice reached her ears, she pounced on him excitedly, hugging him tightly and strongly. It caught him by surprise as he fell back on the bed. Her hold on him was so tight. "Good to see you too Kitty" he told her, holding her shoulders to adjust her position as she hugged his injury tightly.

But then he felt her body shake from his paws and he glanced down at her. He felt hot tears on his chest and heard her sobbing, his soften in concern. "Kitty? Hey hey hey! It's ok it's ok Kitty!" He tried to assure her calmly, pulling her into a hug, and rubbing her back as she cried. "Calma mi gatita" he whispered to her and he felt her body stopped shaking. She started to calm down as the cat rolled onto his side while holding her.

"Don't....don't scare me like that again Puss! She told him, her voice muffled in his chest, hiccuping from her tears. "No siento. I'm sorry. I didn't scare you like that. We were outnumbered and I didnt want you tonget captured too" he explainded to her.

She moved her face, stained with tears and her blue eyes wide and her ears low, indicating how scared and worried she was for him. It caught him by surprise to see her face like that but it also broke his heart. He hated seeing his beloved feline hurt like this.

Puss cupped her cheek, wiping the tears of her damped cheek. "Is ok Kitty. I'm ok. Thanks to you" he told her assuringly as they stared at eachother. Seeing his gorgeous green eyes open again made Kitty relaxed as she missed staring at them. "You saved me didn't you?" He asked her and she nodded to him, holding his paw that was on her cheek.

He smiled warmly at her. "I knew you would. Gracias" he told her gratefully and she smiled at him, glad to hear his deep voice again as she went into his chest and he held her, rubbing her back soothingly as he kissed her head.  Feeling his touch, being in his arms, staring into his eyes and hearing his Spanish accent voice calmed Kitty down as she sighed contently.

She then noticed the bandage around his chest. She remembered how it was bleeding earlier. Gently, Kitty caressed his chest where the cut was. "You are hurt. And no doubt those el monstruos left you like this" she said, her voice angry.

"Si. They said they would do worse to me. Part of it was leaving my cut untreated" he explained, running his paw on it. Thankfully, it didn't hurt anymore. "Believe me, they were going to do something much worser to you" she said as eyes stared at his paws and her words made him confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused, sensing there was more. Kitty held his paw in hers and presses on it, retracting his claws. As she recalled what the worst thing that happened to her would happen to her lover, it made her stomach churn again and she started shaking again. Her eyes burned with tears and the feline started crying.

"Hey hey qué pasa? Qué pasa?" He asked her alarmed, holding her face and wiping away the new tears. "They were hic hey were going to hic declaw you" she told him between her crying and his eyes widen shock to hear that. That's why they anthesized him. Kitty once explained to him how it worked and it horrified him. He saw how it affected her when her claws was gone. To hear that would happen to him was surprising.

"They were going to declaw when we found you. And they said let's see how the legendary Puss in Boots would manage without claws! Those monstruos! I didn't think twice to blast them with the potion Carlos give me! I just had to save you because I know that pain too well and I cannot let you go through that!" She explained to him, her voice mixed with angry and scared as new tears came, staring at her paws.

Puss saw where her eyes were looking at and he held them. She glanced up at him as he looked at her. Bringing her paw to lips, he pressed a soft kiss to it, and it eased her to feel his touch again, sending shivers through her fur. "Thank you mi amor. Really. Now please, no more crying. It breaks my heart to see your beautiful face stained with those tears" he whispered to her as she wiped away her tears.

"I was scared for you. I didn't want to leave you behind. And when I saw you were getting declawed, I thought to myself if we arrived any later....I'm so sorry! I should've been there sooner! Then you wouldn't have been anthesized and got a fever and-" she rambled on, apologizing. Puss could see how much his near declawing bothered her but she needed to calmed down. She looked absolutely exhausted and distressed. She was crying alot and her eyes were getting red from the crying. Her fur seemed messy too.

Puss grabbed her face and pulled her into a kiss, cutting off her rambling and wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her close to him. Kitty, was at first surprised. But feeling his lips on her sent a wave of relief as she returned the kiss, moving her paws up his chest. She gladly deepend the kiss, purring as Puss rubbed her back to ease her distress.

He rolled onto his back, holding her in his arms as the kiss stayed unbroken. Her paws moved to hold his face as she purred. To him, that was a good sign as that meant she was relaxing. He felt her body beneath his paws relax and her breathing calmed down.

They broke the kiss, staring into their eyes. "I missed your touch" she whispered to him, smiling warmly as Puss smiled back. He brushed his thumb against her cheek to clean away the leftover tear stains. "Me too" he whispered back, nuzzling her face as the two cats purred, glad to feel eachother's touch again.

"Please be more careful next time" she whispered to him scared, caressing his face. "If you were declawed..." she started but he put his finger on her lips to silence her. "Even if that happened, I know you would help me through it" he whispered to her confidently and assuringly. She smiled at him as they went for another kiss, his paws ran down her back.

They broke apart as Puss rolled onto his side, still holding Kitty as she snuggled into his chest, breathing into his scent. She can finally relaxed, knowing her lover was awake, safe and here with her in bed. Exhaustion hit her again but she didn't mind since she would sleep in his arms and wake up in the morning to see him. Puss glanced down, glad to see her calm and relaxed as he gave her a kiss on the bridge of her nose, making her giggle before the two fell asleep in eachother's arms, contently and relaxed through the night.

One more part coming. Fun fact: Puss doesn't know WHERE he is and also do you think Imelda might catch him and Kitty like this? Find out next time!