Night time Troubles (request)

Request from @LilyRoseXxXxX

Puss turned for what was probably the fifth time. He looked up to the roof, inhaling deeply.

The tabby hero along with his girlfriend Kitty were at one of her hideouts, sleeping for the night. But the orange cat was troubled. He had a thought that bothered him and now he couldn't get any sleep.

He brought the pillow up to his face and huffed into it. "Maybe changing my sleeping spot will help me a bit" he suggested to himself as he stood up with the pillow and went to look for a new cat nap spot.

The feline crept quietly, not wanting to wake Kitty up. Puss founded a large cat bed with a pillow on the other side. He set his pillow done on the side that was available and lied down on it, rolling to his side. His back hit the other pillow and he shut his eyes.

"Puss?" His ears twitched at a familar and quiet voice near him. His green eyes popped open with a sudden realization and he slowly looked over his shoulder. That was not a pillow. That was Kitty asleep on the cat bed before he showed up.

"Ay!" He yelped startled and stood straight up immediately, blushing red. "Kitty! I am so sorry! I thought you were a pillow and the cat bed wasn't occupied. Muy lo siento" he apologized to her, his ears flatten. He was sure that he must've scared her like that. He really should've used his night vision for this one.

Puss quickly grabbed his pillow and turned around to leave. "Puss wait" his ears turned to her voice. She sounded tired but a bit worried. "Que pasa?" She asked him, sensing something off in him. His fur seemed to stood up a bit, hinting he was nervous or scared of something. She noticed how his ears twitch very quick to any sound.

"S-Si" he told her lying. The fear in his voice gave him away. To the tuxedo cat, it's rare to see him this afraid. "Puss" she said his name gently and he turned his head to look at her. She patted the spot next to her, motion him to sit down.

He stared at her surprised and hesitated a bit. Puss placed his pillow back and sat next to her. He kept some space between them. "So" She asked him and he stared at her. "So what?" He asked her, trying to pretend to be clueless.

But Kitty wasn't fooled. She raised an eyebrow at him suspicious. The ginger cat sighed, seeing it pointless to get past her. "It's just...I've been having trouble sleeping. That's all" he told her, keeping his eyes down.

It still didn't convince her. She brought her paw to his face and tilted to look at her. "I remember you once told to not push you away because I can trust you. So you don't need to push me away. You can trust me" she explained to him calmly.

Puss stared at her surprise by how she used his words on him. She was right. He shouldn't push her away
Taking a deep breath while holding her paw that was on his cheek, he finally decided to tell her.

"There is a thought that scares me greatly. That if we go our separate ways. That there's a time that I am not by your side, that something may happen to you. That I may lose you" he explained to her. Kitty could hear the worry in his voice.

"What's worse is I am not with you. I'm not there to help you, save you or protect you. The thought of not hearing or seeing you for long time only to find out you're gone. It frightens me Kitty!" He told her scared, his ears flatten in fear as his hold on her paw tighten. Like he was afraid that if he let go, she would disappear.

Kitty stared at him surprised by his fears. But her look soften to sympathy at how terrified he look. She noticed his face was looking down and she felt something wet hit her paw. Kitty leaned closer to his face and saw he was crying quietly.

"Oh Puss" she said soothingly as she lifted his face back to hers. Her thumb brushed off his tears as he stared at her scared. Kitty smiled at him softly. She leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"Puss. I too feel those fears when I am away from you" she whispered to him and he stared at her surprised. He knew she cared for him but he didn't think she feared the same thing he fear.

"I always wonder what you are up to. What kind of trouble you've dragged yourself into. If you have gotten captured or hurt. I've even worried you met some other woman and chose to be with her instead of me" she explained to him and Puss stared at her shock at that last one.

To her surprise, he stood up immediately, looking down at her serious. "Nunca! Never would I do that. Flirting yes. Cheating no!" He told her firmly and confident. The hero dared not to fall to such a low level and hurt his love.

Kitty blushed surprised. Still, she was touched to hear that. Puss's face soften and he took a deep breath. "Sorry. Please continue" he told her, sitting back down. She quietly chuckled at him.

"Anyway, I too worry what may happen to you when you are gone. But then I remember that I know you. That you can look out and protect yourself. That you are clever. And that if you need my help, I would be there. Si?" She told him as they stared into eachother's eyes.

Puss smiled at her, her words and understanding comforted him, soothing his fears down. "Si. And I know that I can rest assure you will be alright and the moment you need me, I be there mi amor" he told her lovingly, kissing her softly as he held her face. Kitty wrapped her paw around his neck to pull him closer.

He broke the kiss and nuzzled into her face, purring. "Gracias Kitty. Thank you" he told her, staring into her blue eyes. She smiled at him as he was about to get up and leave to get some sleep.

"Puss" she called out his name and he looked back at her. She had this mishevious smirk on her face. "You said you were looking for a sleeping spot right?" She asked him and he stared at her suspiciously.

"Yes..." he told her. To his surprise, Kitty pushed Puss down on the cat bed and before he could get up, she rested her head on his chest and curled against his body. Puss blushed red at this bold move, feeling her fur on his.

"Then sleep with me tonight. That might help you sleep" she whispered to him, rubbing her head against his chest. Puss got over his shock and he shook his head at her smiling. He wrapped his paws around her back and softly kissed her head. "Ok. Buenos noches Kitty" he whispered to her as the two went to sleep.