New Rings, New Beginning part 1 (request)

Request from JackieBalsan and DanielVM3007

"Huff"

"What's wrong Puss?"

The ginger tabby cat turned his head torwads Perrito. The little dog was in his pet bed with a worried look. Puss was lying in bed, staring at the roof with nervousness. "I can't sleep Perrito" he whispered quietly. Kitty was still asleep so he didn't want to disturb her. "From what? What's bugging you? You know actually, today you were really quiet, and seemed to be deep in thought. Even Kitty was worried" the dog pointed out to him, wondering what brought his feline brother down.

The tabby briefly glanced to Kitty's side, seeing she was deep asleep. He did acted strange around his lover especially. And it's because she's the main reason. He thought maybe talking about it might help.

Turning back to his friend, he patted a spot on his bed, offering the dog to come sit. Perrito walked over and lied down on Puss's stomach as the cat gently rubbed his head. "Is it about her? You have been acting nervous around hermana lately" the dog brought up, keeping his voice low. He could sense it had to involve their favorite master theif.

Puss took one more look at her to make sure she was asleep. Unknown to them, Kitty was awake, listening carefully. She could sense her boyfriend acting off and thought to listen in on this.

"I am planning to propose to Kitty again"

The tuxedo cat let out a quiet gasp to hear that. Another proposal? When? Where? Where they ready for that again?

"Really? Wow. When are you gonna propose to her?" Perrito asked him curiously, his tail wagging in excitedly. Puss chuckled at him quietly, finding it cute. "Tomorrow. I gonna leave early in the morning. I have to pick the new rings from my friend, Artephius. I gonna use the teleport potion from Carlos to shorten the trip and be back for my surprise" he explained to his friend.

Kitty was surprised to hear he ordered a new ring for the proposal. Although come to think of it, only she had an engagement ring. He must've thought she threw it out after the Santa Colomba incident. Makes sense he buy a new one. But why would he go to another town for it?

"Perrito. I was actually wondering if you can help me with my proposal" the tabby brought up as the dog's head perked up. "Really? You want my help? But isn't this your moment with Kitty?" He asked, not wanting to intrude a special moment like this.

"Perrito my friend. I have you to thank for bringing me and Kitty back together" he reminded him. He grateful for Perrito's advice and support. It helped him mend things with Kitty. The dog smiled, feeling honored to be part of such a precious moment.

Kitty smiled, glad to see her favorite outlaw hero giving credit to their friend. She listened onto their plans carefully. How Puss would leave early in the morning to prepare the surprise with the rings while Perrito would lead Kitty on a scavenger hunt in San Ricardo. 'Wait. San Ricardo? Puss propose to me there' She realized although she didn't mind. It became their favorite spot to go so she didn't mind.

"It sounds like you have everything planned out. Why so nervous? Is not the first time you propose to her" Perrito brought up, making Kitty's ears twitch. Puss stared at the ceiling nervous and scared. "That's the thing Perrito. The first time I proposed to her is right before I abandon her on our wedding day. I hurt Kitty so bad and she never did anything wrong to deserve. The opposite. After what she has been through. Betrayal. Broken trust. Declawed. She deserves so much better and I was suppose to give her that and failed" he explained, his tone quiet yet afraid and upset.

Kitty felt her heart break to hear his voice like that. Some men never want to admit they were wrong in something. Even heartbreak. But Puss was willing to accept and admit his errors. Hearing his words made her heart skip a beat as she quietly held the blanket closer to her.

"I'm afraid after what I did to her, she may refuse my proposal to marry her. I want to assure her that I'm not gonna leave her this time. That I will be there for her always. But what if she's not ready? What if she turns me down? Decides that it's over between us? Or or..." Puss started ranting, panicking as he sat up with his friend looking at him worried. "Easy easy Puss. Calma. Calma" the dog told him, resting his head against his chest. "Kitty knows you've changed. A lot really. And even if she's not ready, that won't mean she says no" he explained as Puss's heart rate calmed down, wrapping a paw around the dog. The ginger cat smiled gratefully at Perrito's calm words. He was lucky to have him and grateful to have him in the proposal surprise.

"Puss? Perrito?"

The two both froze when a familar female Latin voice came up, and the lamp open. They both turn their heads to find the tuxedo cat stirring awake, rubbing her eyes. Or pretending too. Qué pasa? Why are you both up?" She asked them, looking at them.

"Sorry Kitty. I didn't mean to wake you up. You see I..." he started to explain, unaware she had listened in. "Puss had a bad dream of losing you and didn't want to tell you" Perrito told her calmly. Although he didn't like to lie, he would make any exception to hide the surprise.

Kitty chuckled amused at their attempts to hide it. "Is that so? Well then I guess that means he needs me tonight" she said, standing up and making her way to him. "Kitty what are you-!" Puss started confused until she sat in his bed with him and snuggled against his chest, making him blush. Perrito got comfortable and slept on top of the bed.

The ginger cat relaxed, turning his body so he was facing her. Kitty rested against his chest, purring softly. "Kitty" he whispered her name as she glanced up at him, blue eyes sparkling, making his heart skip a beat.

"I um leaving early tomorrow to pick a package up. I was wondering if you would like to spend a nice quiet night together. A nice view of the city, and the stars" he started, deciding to ask her. He hoped she would accept his offer without any denial or questioning. Otherwise, that would be a problem.

Kitty knew what he was up to. But she was gonna pretend she knew nothing.  "Sure. Why not? It might be fun" she whispered. She remembered last time before proposing, they just walked together and talked, arriving at a spot near a river a starry sky view. Puss was surprised but he was relieved and happy to hear that. He still had a chance.

"Oh um and if you don't mind, dress nicely but comfortable. Nothing too fancy. We might be dancing together mi joya" he whispered to her, making her chuckle. Something gave Kitty the feeling that this proposal would be different and much more special than the first. "Alright. Buenos noches my love" she whispered, kissing his nose before sleeping. Puss blinked surprised but smiled, saying his goodnight as he slept peacefully, determine to make it a proposal better and special than the first.