I got Your Back(request)

Request from SethCauble

Kitty's ears twitched at some groans, and sounds of someone turning in their sleep. She tried ignoring it but it was going on for awhile. "Ay this is so annoying. Who is making all that noise?" She asked fed up, jumping to her feet. Her eyes spotted Puss was the one turning around a lot. She marched torwards him, about to kick him awake and yell at him. Until she got a look at his face.

Puss's face was strain. Ears flatten tightly and his body curled into a ball, tail tucked between his legs. His breathing was really fast and the way he turned looked like he wanted to get away. Kitty's face soften, seeing that he was in some nightmare. A bad one that she needed to wake him out of right now.

"Puss! Puss, wake up! Come on!"

"Gasp!" The tabby cat woke up, gasping when he felt something grab him, and shake him. Thinking it was the wolf again, Puss retracted his claws at whoever it was.

"Whoa whoa! Calma, calma Puss! It's me!"

His ears twitched at a deep female voice he recognize and once his nerves calmed down, he took a moment to focus his vision. It was Kitty.

He had his claws close to her neck, not hurting her but one move is enough to do damage. She held her head high to avoid the tip of his claws, glancing at him nervously. His eyes widen in horror, quickly retracting his paw away from her. Kitty lowered her head, holding her neck to make sure that it wasn't hurt.

"Kitty! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to....I would never...I-!" He ranted, and apologized, standing up. Puss was still haunted by that nightmare but also horrified with himself that his fear nearly caused him to hurt Kitty.

The tuxedo cat was shocked to him go into panic mode. She had found out from Perrito earlier that he had got into a panic attack when he ran off. It was so rare to see him this way. But it was hurting her. His eyes large with fear. Tail swishing and breathing frantic. Something clearly scared him and she was going to find out. But first she had to calm him down.

"Puss"

Kitty gently took his face in her paws, stopping him from talking as he stared at her. "Calma ginger. Calma. It's ok. I'm ok. Sh shhh" she gently assured him, her blue eyes looking in his large green ones. The stare brought assurance to him, compared to those intimidating red eyes of the wolf. He felt his fear die down, just by her eyes and touch.

"Feeling better?" She asked him, and he nodded to her. Kitty let go of his face as Puss took a seat, holding his face as he sighed. "I....am truly sorry Kitty. I shouldn't have reacted like that. If I had hurt you, again, I would never forgive myself" he told her, referring to the Santa Colomba incident.

Kitty stared at him a little surprise to hear him admit that. Twice. However, seeing this reaction worried her. He had seemed so afraid and cautious which was not like him. He was always a danger seeking, risk disregarding cat to her. So what happen, she wondered.

The tuxedo cat took a seat next to him, leaning onto his shoulder. Puss glanced at her, surprised by the action but he did like it. It brought some comfort. "Did you had a bad dream?" Kitty asked him, expecting him to deny it, and say something ridiculous.

"It was a nightmare"

Her ears perked to hear his voice sound so serious yet afraid. Her eyes glanced up as he thought on what to say. "It was a memory of that bar fight I had recently. Long before I met Perrito" he started, fidgeting with his paws. "Is that all? Puss. You have been into bar fights before. What would make this one different?" She asked him curiously.

"This one was very different Kitty. I met this bounty hunter. A large white wolf, wearing a cloak. Eyes were red" he described to her the oppone the faced. Kitty frowned as she listened. The description of his foe sounded terrifying but she couldn't think of anyone close to that description.

"What was his name?" She asked him, having a feeling that if he's a bounty hunter, he might show up again. Puss shook his head uncertain. "I don't know. He didn't give me his name. All I know is he made it clear that he has never missed a kill" he kept going and that part made Kitty's heart freeze at that. That was never a good thing.

"I thought maybe that this fight would be quick and easy. I was wrong. Very wrong" he said, his voice getting scared. She glanced up at him, feeling the change of tone. His eyes and ears were done. Clear signs of fear.

"He beat me so easily. Anticipated my every move. He was too quick, and he took pleasure in defeating me. And he had these scythes that would cut so quickly, I didn't even see it coming. I lost my sword. He told me pick it up but I couldn't. I was....terrified Kitty" he explained, feeling ashamed of himself. Kitty felt her heart ache to see this. This wasn't the hero she remembered.

"I barely made it out of there alive with just a cut. I ran away. Again. I never thought I feel that much fear in my life. What's worse, I know he will be back. He will not rest until he gets me" he told her afraid and uncertain.

Then suddenly, he felt something gentle rest on his paw. He glanced down to find his orange paw covered by a soft white paw. He glanced at Kitty as she looked at him, trying to grasp everything. That's when it occurred him that maybe this was too much for her to grasp.

"Sorry Kitty. I guess that was a lot to handle" he told her, smiling sheepishly. But instead, Kitty turned his face to look at her as she looked at him dead serious. "Don't ever hesitate to tell me your scared. And if that Lobo thinks he's going toget you, he has to get through me" she told him firmly as he looked at her surprised.

"Kitty. Please. This guy wants me. I'm not doubting you or anything. But I don't want you to get hurt" he told her worried but Kitty just shook her head. "We've been through worse, haven't we? Beanstalk. Jack and Jill. Giant goose. The bears. Jack Horner. How is that any different?" She reminded him, listing all their previous challenges as he chuckled at her, finding this cheered him up.

Kitty was glad to see his mood change. "Listen. You just tell when that wolf is near and I will be there to have your back. Alright, ginger?" She told him, snuggling closer. She knows that deep down she should hate him for what in Santa colomba but this felt right to her.

Puss smiled at her, grateful to hear she would have his side still. He rested his head on top of hers, making her blush. "Just like I have your back" he whispered, making her smile at that as they fell sleep contently with no nightmares to intrude.