A wish for you

This was always a theory I had for the sequel on how it might end. I always thought that Kitty's wish would be to get her claws back. Kinda surprise she had a different wish in the sequel. But I've really been wanting to write this for awhile. Some spoilers here in the ending from the film but also it's a what if moment here.

Puss glanced up at the sky, admiring the stars with everyone else. He smiled, pleased with how all this ended. Jack was defeated. Goldilocks found her family. And Puss had his one life to spend with Perrito and Kitty.

"I hate to say it" Kitty's voice came up. Puss turned to look at her as she had the same smile at the stars. "But should we make a wish?" She asked, turning to look him. Puss smiled at her lovingly as he cupped her cheek. "Kitty. One night spend with you is all I could wish for" he told her as she smiled lovingly at him, holding his paw. The two saw the stars and their reflections in their eyes, seeing the love that was there.

"You two can still make a wish"

Perrito's voice came up as the two looked down. The little dog held a piece of the wishing star crystal in his mouth. "I think this thing still works. Here" he told them, setting it down. Puss glanced at Kitty, sweing if she still wanted to make her wish. "I already found someone to trust. You. No magic needed here" she told him with a smile as he smiled back. He looked at Perrito.

"I got what I need" he assured him as Puss bent down to pet the dog, smiling at him. He looked up at Goldilocks and the bears. "Relax Puss. I got what I need" she told him, rubbing Baby Bear's head playfully, glad to have found her family.

'It seems everyone got their wishes. Wait. Not all' He thought in his head as he remembered something and he glanced at Kitty. They stared at eachother as the female cat wondered what he was thinking. Puss then smiled at her, knowing how to spend this little wish wisely and selflessly.

He picked up the small crystal in his paws. It made the fur around his paw pads shine and its light was in his eyes. He could feel its warmth and magic jusr by holding it.
Kitty and Perrito looked at him, wondering if changed his mind. Was he still going to wish for his nine lives back? Or was it another wish that he wanted?

"Star Light. Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may. I wish I might.  I wish...." he said the chant before his voice turned into a soft whisper when he made his wish. It was hard to make out what he was wishing. Once his wish was complete, the small crystal slowly started fading away into sparkles of light that flew out of his paws and to the sky to join the stars.

"So. What did you wish for Puss?" Perrito asked him curiously, wondering what it could be that wasn't his nine lives. The ginger cat looked up at Kitty and he walked up to her. He was nervous, wondering if the wish even worked. He gently took her paws in his as she looked at him puzzled. "Puss?" She asked him confused, starting to the feel that the wish related to her.

Smiling softly at her, he pressed on the palm of one of her paws and...

SHING!

Out from her paws came shining silver claws. Real claws that shined beneath he stars. Kitty felt her breath get stuck to see them. 'Those claws. They look just like the ones I had years ago' She thought I her head, wondering if this was a dream, unable to remove her blue eyes from it.

Puss smiled in relief, glad to see that his wish came true. He pressed on her other paw and that retracted out bright silver claws too. He gently let go of her paws to allow her to progess all of this.  She was stunned and flexed her paws. She pulled the claws back in and retracted them again to make sure this wasn't a dream.

"Are these....claws? My claws?" She finally spoke as a smile made its way on her face. She looked up at him in disbelief. "You...wished for my claws back? Really?" She asked him still in shock but happy too. Puss nodded to her yes as she let out a laugh, touched that he did something selfless for her.

"Wow Kitty! They're beautiful! Congratulations!" Perrito exclaimed amazed and happy for her. "Gracias Perrito" she told him happy. Puss smiled, glad to see the joy on her face. He knew losing her claws was hardest thing in her life. It's what led her to have trouble trusting people and fearing betrayal.

"Oye! Puss in boots" his ears twitched at Goldilocks's voice as she had a confused face and wanted some answers. He walked over to her and the bears. "You wished for a brand new pair of claws for Softpaws here?" She asked him confused. Puss shook his head at her. "No Goldi. I wished for her old claws to return. See, Kitty was declawed by her owners a long time ago" he explained to them with a solemn look on his face.

Once hearing that, Goldilocks and the bears had shocked looks on their faces. Their looks softened into sympathy, feeling sorry to hear. "Poor Kitty. Why would they do such a thing?" Mama bear asked softly as they all looked at Kitty who was showing her claws to Perrito excitedly. The theif saw a nearby rock and slashed her claws on it for practice. It left these clean claw marks and she laughed happily as Perrito clapped for her, impressed and happy for her.

"We don't know. It's been hard for her, even though that's what made her have the name Softpaws. But what matters now is she's happy" he told them as he looked at her, laughing and twirling around with Perrito running around her excited. She held his paws in hers and pulled the dog in a hug as he gladly returned it, happy to see his friend so happy.

Goldilocks noticed the way he smiled and smirk, understanding that there was something between them. "Well then, I guess we both got our wishes" she told him with a smile, glad to have found her family and Puss having Kitty with him. He smiled at her, understanding what she meant.

He looked at Kitty as she glanced up at him. The tuxedo cat still couldn't believe that he spent a wish for her. Him who she thought was arrogant, and only loved himself, made a wish for her and gave back something she lost.

She walked up to him until they were close enough, keeping steady eye contact. Both saw their reflection in their eyes again and the stars in them. "You wished for me to have my claws back?" She asked him confused but Puss shook his head, still holding that warm smile as he held her cheek.

"My wish was to see you happy and this was the only I knew could make you happy. That is my wish" he explained to her. Her heart skipped a beat, touched by his words. But she already had what made her happy.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, catching him by surprise as his eyes looked at her. "All I could wish for to make me happy is right here. You are the one thing I need to make me happy Puss" she told him, moving to look at him as her paws stayed on his neck.

Puss stared at her surprised but he smiled softly at her, cupping her cheek in one paw. "And you are all I wish for Kitty" he told her lovingly, much to her joy as the two leaned in their faces, giving a small kiss. They both missed this. Last time was when they celebrating their victory in saving San Ricardo. Perrito and Goldilocks along with the bears smiled at this as the dog ran to his friends and ran to Puss's face, licking his face. "Ay! Perrito!" He exclaimed annoyed, breaking the kiss to glare at the dog. Kitty chuckled at him but Puss relaxed and rubbed Perrito's head, pulling him and Kitty into a group hug.  The cats smiled at eachother as they both got their wishes. While Kitty was happy to get her claws back again, she was more happy to have Puss in her life and so was he.