Being Blessed (request)

Request from JackieBalsan. No joke, I literally dreamed about this and had to write it down incase I forgot. Also, this Dr. Valeria (Spanish for strong) is a new oc of mine and a good friend with Puss. More about her in future

"Puss?"

His ears went up immediately once her voice came, and he turned his head to her. Kitty stood there with her ears down nervously, but she smiled at him softly. The tabby cat stood up, and walked over to her, scanning her face and body. To him, she seemed better and her fur color normal. Before, she was really pale and barely ate from throwing up.

"Are you ok, Kitty? How do you feel? Do you need me to get you anything? I brought some medicine from Imelda. She says it could ease your nausea" he told her frantically, startling the tuxedo cat. But it did touch her heart to have some concern. "Easy, Puss. I'm ok. Just...tired" she told him, glancing down unsure. That always told him something bothered her.

He gingerly took her face in his paws, and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead. He went to scratch both her ears, which was her favorite spot. Kitty purred contently, finding it a nice way to ease her mind.

"How was your appointment with Dr. Valeria?" He asked her, looking into her blue eyes for anything unusual. They still held that unique shine of hers like the ocean shimmering from a sunset. Kitty smiled thoughtfully at him, putting her paws on his arms. Even though he was a lot to handle, she can count on him to be there. She felt lucky to be married to him.

"Well, if you don't mind, can we sit outside? I could use some fresh air" She asked him politely. The two cats sat down together in the quiet night. Puss felt the cold air breeze through his fur and whiskers, relaxing him. He could see why Kitty wanted to be outside. Speaking of Kitty, he glanced down at his mate. She was leaning against his shoulder, holding herself.

He wasn't sure if it was because she was nervous to tell him or if she was cold. But just incase, he unclipped his cape, and wrapped it around her shoulders. The tuxedo cat smiled at him, grasping his paw when he placed the cape on her. She gently moved it to her waist, resting the orange paw on her stomach with her white mitten like paw on his.

Puss smiled at her, leaning his head on top of hers. They stayed like that for awhile. Kitty was pondering how to tell him what she had learn from Valeria. She had told Perrito first because she needed advice from him about this. The small therapy dog assured her that was gonna be alright. That Puss was going to be happy. She wondered though if they were ready? If they were capable for this?

"Kitty"

Her ears perked at his voice, glancing up at him. He noticed the worry in her face and offered her a soft smile. "Listen. No matter how serious your illness is, just know I will do everything I can to help you" be assured her. He assumed that she found out that she was ill with something serious and didn't know how to tell him.

"If there is a cure, I will get it no matter how difficult. And if there is no cure, then I will gladly look for one until I find it. We've been through worse. We'll get through this one together, Kitty" he explained to her, hoping to ease any worries she had.

Kitty stared at him, blushing at his words. While his assumption was incorrect, it did touch her heart to see how much he care about her. How he was trying hesitant to help her and comfort her. It made her relax, feeling more comfortable to tell him.

The she cat gently chuckled at him, which confused him from that reaction. Until he noticed her eyes watering as she moved her head off his shoulder. It surprised him as he looked at her worried, concerned that he said something wrong.

"I'm sorry, Puss. Is nothing bad, mi amor. I promise. Is just...I wasn't sure how you were gonna react to what I learn. I wondered if we could handle it. If I could handle it" she explained, finally getting the words and feelings out to she was holding.

It's when the tabby cat noticed the smile on her face. He hoped those were tears of joy. They were but he wasn't trying to understand what she was talking about. It was rare to see her like this.

Kitty saw his confusion and just chuckled more. She had to tell him now or he was gonna think she was crazy. "Now I feel ok about it. I feel like I don't have to worry about going through this alone. I have you. I have you to help me" she told him, more tears falling as she tried to hold that relief but didn't know how to control it.

"What are you talking about, Kitty?" He asked her so confused and concerned for her. Even though she was smiling, there were tears streaming from her face. She then glanced down at his paw which she had pressed to her stomach. She smiled fondly at where touched before looking back at him.

"I thought I blessed enough to have you as my husband. And I got blessed again. This time by you, Puss. We are getting blessed...with gatitos" she finally told him, hoping inside it would be well.

The ginger cat's green eyes widen. Now it made sense to him. Why she was sick, lacking appetite and throwing up. It then hit him that his paw was resting on her stomach when it was wrapped around her waist. Kitty positioned there on purpose. He was touching where his unborn kittens were.

Moving to stand in front of her, he knelt down, taking his hat off. His eyes never left her stomach. Gingerly, he placed his other paw on her stomach. It was flat right now. But in time it would get bigger. "Ga...gatitos? You're pregnant, Kitty?" He asked her, glancing back up at her.

"Si" she confirmed, calming down from her crying. She was starting to get nervous when he got quiet. Just staring at her belly and his paws there. She thought he would be happy because he loved kids. Kitty was about to get scared until she suddenly felt someone cupping her cheeks.

Puss's green eyes were filled with tears, overjoyed to hear that. He let out a shuddered laugh, leaning in to nuzzle her face. It got Kitty to tear up again, returning to the nuzzle. "Ay mi amor. That is incredible! Gracias, Kitty! Haha!" He finally spoke, making her laugh as he pulled her in a hug, holding her tight. Kitty buried her face in his shoulder.

It relieved her but made her heart swell. His reaction showed how much he was happy. Without warning, Puss lifted her up, and spun her around. She squealed surprised but both laughed together, lovingly. While this would change everything, this was the best thing to happen to them.

Once they relaxed, Puss and Kitty stared at eachother. They kissed eachother affectionately as Puss set her down on the ground. They stayed like for awhile until they had to break apart for air. The tabby gingerly wiped the tears from her cheek as she noticed he had tear stains too.

"Ah Kitty. I think you were one who blessed me, my love" he told her warmly, looking into those beautiful blue eyes that shined. He saw his reflection hers and she could see her own reflection in his own. A reflection of their love.

They both went for another kiss before staying in eachothers' embrace. It was alot to take in but they both happy about it. "We're going to be parents" he whispered fondly, running his paw down the fur on her head. "Si. I have no doubt our kittens will have an amazing padre" she whispered. She was still doubtful of herself of whether she could be a good mother. But she knew Puss would be a great parent.

Kitty suddenly felt something pressed against her stomach and glanced to find it was his paw. He brought hers and pressed it so it was between her belly and his paw. Puss's other paw lifted her chin to look at him. "And our kittens are going to have the most unique Madre that will love them with all her heart. And I will be there to help" he assured her confidently, giving her hope.

Giving one more kiss on the bridge of her nose, he suddenly pulled her arm, running. "Ay Perrito! I hope you're ready to be an uncle, amigo!" Puss yelled excitedly as his wife chuckled amusingly, the two going back inside to find their friend to tell him the good news: that they were blessed.