Not funny(request)

Request from alishbajaved2010

"Um....I'm not sure Kitty is gonna like this, Puss" Perrito commented, worried how this would go. Puss thought that with one life left, he would pull a prank on Kitty. "Don't worry. I have it all planned out. And it will not be anything dangerous or crazy" he explained to him, tying another knot to secure it.

Perrito looked ahead and notice Kitty approaching to the docks. "You still got a chance. Because she is coming now" he told him. You would think being outlaws they weren't suppose to be here. Thankfully, they had a fisherman friend who liked them and was watching their backs for any guards.

Puss grinned misheviously, rubbing his paws in an evil way. "Puss. I wouldn't do this if I were you" Perrito cautioned him, feeling sorry for what Kitty was gonna feel. But Puss was disregarding the consequences.

He got onto the deck, throwing his hat to aside. For this prank, he didn't want his hat to be wet. Kitty didn't really question it. "Ah Kitty. Ready to spar mi amor?" He asked her in a playful tone as he got his sword out.

"Si. I look forward to seeing you turn into a cat fish" she teased him, wanting nothing more than to see him get soaking wet by her paws. "Ha! We'll see who is the catfish! En garde!" He said confidently, charging at her for the first move.

At first, the sparring just a normal one. Until Puss started to purposefully let her get the upper hand. If he wanted the prank to work, he would have to reluctantly let her win. However, this raised suspicion from his girlfriend. She knew he wasn't one to back down from a fight. So it find him suddenly losing, and switching to a defense stance, that got her attention.

"Is everything ok, Puss? You seem sluggish. Is the great gato in all of Spain getting slow?" She taunted him playfully, pressing her sword against his. Puss took the chance to admire her blue eyes, seeing the shine from her energy. In a few seconds, he looked forward to see the look in those eyes.

"Come on Kitty. Go easy on me. You know I have one life left" he reminded her, keeping that confident smile of his while also trying to put the idea in her head. "My My, if I recall you would've been more careful after you learned you carelessly lost all nine lives" she teased him as she parried him and Puss purposefully stepped back to the edge of the dock.

Puss made another charge and she parried him again, which distracted him briefly for her to kick him in the stomach and he fell of the dock.

"Ha ha! Another Softpaws success! Care to spar again Puss or should I let you dry off from your soaking wet defeat?" She taunted him, examining the tip of her blade. However, she glanced back when she heard no reply or fustrated denial from him. Her ears tilted for any sound but it was dead silent. "Puss? Hey Puss? You alright?" She asked again, taking a few steps closer to it. "Puss?" She said his name, worry growing in her. He did say he was being careful because he had one life left. Did he fell and hurt himself? Did he lose his last life by drowning? There was no ground at the other side. As these thoughts came in her head, she started to worry, and her ears flattened in distress. "Puss!" She yelled out, rushing to the deck and looking over the edge.

"Oh you do care about me"

Kitty's sudden worry changed into confusion. Puss was lying on a fishing net that he secured tightly to catch him. He was lying there with a smug and satisfied smirk while Perrito was down below with a worried look. The small dog glanced at her as she started to understand. "Wait. This was a prank? You mean this was a prank this whole time?" She asked him, her voice rising in annoyance. Perrito could tell this was gonna end badly. Puss however just brushed it off and jumped on the net to bounced him back to the deck. "Yep!" He said proudly, seeing the dumbfounded look on her face which made him laugh.

"You hahahah should've seen the look on your face! Hahaha!" He laughed, holding onto his stomach. He expected an annoyed look or an irritated response. This time he had it coming as Kitty shook and anger was on her face.

"No! Is not funny!"

Puss got startled when he found her yelling at him, and being pushed down harshly. "I thought you were....you can't just...argh!" She tried to find the words but was too angry to make any sentence. Snarling at him which scared him, she stormed off, her tail swishing agitation. Perrito looked at her symphatically, and back to his friend.

"Ay no" he said, quickly realizing this had gone too far as he scrambled back to his feet and chased after the storming cat. "Kitty! Kitty wait wait!" He called out to her, watching her storm in and shut the door. "This might've not been the best idea Puss" Perrito added, running after them with a concerned look. "You think?! This went too far!" Puss told him, quickening his pace.

He caught up to her and manage to get in front on her. "Kitty! Please! Puss didn't mean to! Can we talk about this please?" Perrito pleaded with her, giving her the puppy eyes. If it was only Puss, she would've stormed past him, maybe swat his face or something else. But with Perrito, it did melt her anger a bit, and she crossed her arms, glaring at him.

"Kitty. Just calm down. I was only joking. Just a little prank. That's all" the tabby calmly explain to her but she shook her head no. "A little prank?! Puss! You have one life left! Don't joke about that! Please...." she scolded him but then her anger soften into worry. It actually hurt Puss to see that look.

"I...I want to have you in my life as long as possible. I thought I ended your life just now" she told him softly yet serious. Puss felt a pang of guilt inside. Perrito was right. This prank went too far. He shouldn't joke about that. He should've consider how Kitty felt.

"I won't do a trick like that again. Prometo (I promise)" he told her, walking up and giving her an assuring hug. Kitty relaxed in his hold and returned the hug, nuzzling his face. Perrito smiled, glad to see they made up.

"Ok. I forgive you. But there is one thing..." she told him, making Puss glance down at her. Suddenly, he found her face inching closer and Puss did the same, thinking he was gonna get a kiss from her....wrong.

"Ay!"

Splash!

Kitty shoved Puss back, and he fell off the dock and into the water. Smirking in satisfaction, she walked up and kneeled down to the deck to get a closer look as Perrito glanced down curiously. Puss emerged at the water, spotting the two as he got the water out of his nose. "Ok. I deserved that" he said and smiled sheepishly, rubbing his soaking wet head. Perrito and Kitty chuckled amusingly at him. If he has one life, then might as well make the best of it.