Turrón Breakfast

I remembered in episode 2 in Adventures of Puss in Boots, Puss mentions how his adopted mom made them turrón candy at the orphanage. I think it be cute if he made some for Kitty. Some of the ingredients mentioned are the actual ingredients to make turrón candy

It was 7am in the morning right now. The sun was barely out and the sky was still purple. Everyone was fast asleep in the town. Except for a certain ginger tabby cat.

Back in the hideout, Puss was quietly slipping his boots on, and clipping his cloak around his neck. The cat's paws worked slowly, and carefully to avoid making a sound. Especially because he didn't want to wake up his favorite feline.

Kitty was fast asleep in their cat bed, and Puss didn't want to wake her up. He had a special surprise planned for her, and until it was ready, he couldn't risk her finding out. He had finish getting dressed, slowly placing his hat on and about to leave.

"Puss?"

He froze as his eyes widen, and his ears tilted to the direction of that soft voice. The cat slowly turned his head around, and had to control himself not to groan in annoyance. The tuxedo cat had awoken, rubbing her face tiredly. Despite being so quiet, somehow she had awoken, and caught him. She glanced at the clock, and saw the time read 7:15 am.

"Que Pasa? Why are you up so early?" She asked him tiredly, part of her wanting to go back sleep. The tabby cat made his way over their cat bed, taking a seat next to her. He smiled at her warmly, placing his paw on her cheek.

"I'm sorry I woke you up. But I have to leave early mi joya" he explained to her softly and quietly, gently scratching under her chin. The black and white cat purred affectionately as it tempted her to go back to sleep. She slowly rested her body back on the bed. "Puss I'm not gonna go back to sleep until you tell me. Otherwise, I gonna follow you myself" she told him, trying to fight back the desire to go back to bed.

The tabby sighed. He didn't want to give away the surprise. The last thing he wanted was for her to follow him which could ruin it. "Listen mi amor. I am going to prepare a special surprise for you. But I have a few things to get for it. I'm leaving early so that why it will be done quicker and won't take long" he explained to her, gently caressing her cheek.

"I don't like you going alone ginger. Especially at this hour" she told him tired but worried. He glanced at the clock, seeing it was 7:20 am. "Tell you what. If I don't return let's say 8:00, you can come look for me. I will be heading to the marketplace" he explained to her. Just incase he ran into trouble, then Kitty will know where to find him.

He offered her a sweet smile, and pecked her cheek. "Don't worry Kitty. I will be back before you know it. I promise. Now, close those beautiful blue eyes of yours, and go back to sleep por favor" he told her as she rested her head on the pillow and he nuzzled her. Puss brought the blanket up to her shoulder to keep her warm.

"Yawn. Ok. Be careful ginger" she whispered sleepily before falling back to sleep. He smiled at seeing her sound asleep and relaxed. The cat quietly left their room and the hideout, and went in search of the items to finish his surprise.

The feline hero made his way to the market where some of the shopping booths were opened. He specifically was looking at the ones that had food.  His eyes were scanning for the booths that had the ingredients he needed.

His green eyes spotted one booth selling eggs. The cat grinned, already he found his first ingredient. The tabby cat made his way over to the booth. "Five eggs por favor senor" he asked the seller and paid for the eggs.

As for the other ingredients collected, they were almond, sugar, cinnamon, honey, and lemon. Along with some cheese, bread, bacon, and milk. The cat made his way out of the market with a two bags of the ingredients he had collected.

"Alright. I got my ingredients. Now to start putting everything together" he thought to himself, excited to see Kitty's reaction to his surprise.

A few minutes later...

Back at the hideout, Kitty woke up again, her blue eyes opened tiredly. The feline stretched her slim body, showing her sharp white teeth as she yawned. She sat upright, and turned to the clock in the room. "Right now, it read 9:10 AM. She remembered about what Puss told her earlier and she began to feel a little worry. "He's not back. Where is that gato?" She asked herself worriedly as the cat threw her legs over the bed, about to stand up. Until she caught something.

"Hm?" Her nose caught a scent inside the house. She smelled cinnamon and some eggs. The cat smiled at how good it smelled. But she was puzzled on where it was coming from. She about to get up and out of bed but someone stopped her.

"Buenos dias mi amor"

Her ears twitched at that voice and she turned her head to it. Her eyes widen at what she saw. Puss was walking torwards her with a plate in his paws. He smiled warmly at her as he sat down on the bed next to her. "Heh. Good morning ginger" she told him, relieved to see he was back.

Her eyes looked down at the plate and she saw these little brown cubes with almond nuts on them. She could smell a cinnamon scent from it. "I assume this is the little surprise you told me about?" She asked him, eyeing it curiously.

He chuckled her, liking how observant she was. "Si. This is El Turrón. An almond candy that mi madre made in the orphanage. Sometimes, I helped her make it. And I thought maybe I make some so you can try it" he explained to her as she took a piece.

Kitty raised an eyebrow at him with a smirk. "You? Know how to cook? Huh" she said surprised and he glared at her playfully. "Ay Kitty! You wound me. I surprise you with a snack in bed and this is how you thank me?" He asked her playfully offended as she chuckled at him.

"I will be the judge" she told him as she took a bite from the turrón. Her ears perked up and her eyes widen at the taste. It was sweet and sugary. She can taste honey, sugar, cinnamon and almonds.

She looked at the candy and at Puss. "Dos mios. Did you actually make it?" She asked him as Puss set the plate on the bed, taking a candy. "Si" he answered. "That is actually very good. You amaze me Puss" she told him smiling as she took another piece. He chuckled at how eager she was to have more of the candy.

He smiled though that she liked it. "Save some room Kitty. El Turrón is good. But is not going to fill us up. It's not our breakfast" he explained to her as he got up and walked out. "Hm?" Kitty looked at him puzzled, munching on her second piece.

Her nose suddenly caught the scent of eggs again but this time with other delicious scents. Puss came back with two plates in his paws that had fried eggs with melted cheese on top and seasoning, bread, and bacon. He set one in her paws and his plate on the bed before darting off again and coming back with two glass cups of milk. She stared at him amazed and looked back at the plate of food. It all looked so good. Smelled good too.

"Oh Puss" she said deeply touched as she turned to him. The orange tabby picked up his plate and sat down next to her. The plate of turrón in between them and their milk on the ground.

"You didn't have to do all this" she told him warmly as he took a bite from his bacon. He turned to her with a soft smile. "Orginally the plan was to have you try the candy I grew up having. I thought you might like it. But then I realize it wouldn't be enough to make us full so I decided to make a nice big breakfast for the both of us. I thought it would be a nice way to start the morning" he explained to her warmly, pecking her cheek.

She smiled at him warmly, appreciating that he made breakfast for both of them and letting her try something new. "Thank you Puss. Really. And the Turrón? You made to make more of that" she told him, taking another piece of the candy as Puss chuckled at her, the two cats enjoying their breakfast together.

Mi Joya- my gem or my jewel