Kitten Mishap part 1

In San Lorenzo, Artephius's workshop....

"Maestro!!!! I told you you need to put labels on these potions! How we gonna know what they do if you don't label them?!!"

Carlos yelled out fustrated, wondering how his old teacher lived this long without accidentally cursing himself with a potion that does who knows what. The gang were visiting in San Lorenzo, and after the whole fiasco with Dulcinea and the emotion powered up gem she used, Carlos wanted to know what stuff he was using so they can test it and see what is dangerous and should be kept away. The only problem was none of them had labels or instructions.

"So many potions" Ala Fuerte commented amazed by sheer number in the shelves. Each different colors, sizes, and shapes. "It makes me nervous just looking at them" Puss mentioned, shuddering at the time it shrunk humans he got eaten by an evil mouse.

"So, how do we know which ones are good and which ones are bad?" Telma asked her friend, seeing him rubbing his head unsure. "Without getting ourselves killed" Kitty added flatly, rubbing Perrito's head.

"Well one, we gotta test them OUTSIDE of town and not in because that always causes trouble and if we're out of the town, we won't have any problems. So lets started moving them out. Carefully!" Carlos explained to them cautiously, knowing too well that they always get into trouble, especially with magic.

"Alright Carlos. You know this better than we do so you gonna take the lead in this amigo" Puss told him, feeling he could trust the young cat with this. However, he wouldn't be surprised that one of these potions was gonna cause something today.

The team carefully loaded the potions into boxes, and brought it inside a wagon. Ala Fuerte, and Carlos were on the front seat, steering the brown horse while Kitty, Puss, Telma and Perrito were walking by it to prevent anything or anyone from touching the wagon. Meanwhile, Puss and Kittg were having a conversation...about children.

"Come on, Kitty. You wouldn't like to have children of your own?" He asked her curiously. They were right now engaged and Puss wouldn't mind starting a family of their own.

"Don't get me around, ginger. I don't mind children. Is not that I hate them. Is just I don't think I would make a good mother" she explained to him. She was a theif. You want her to pick pocket someone. Ok. You want her to maybe kill someone? OK. But raising kids? That part made her nervous.

"Hi Puss! Hi Kitty!"

"Hola!"

The two heard the children from the orphanage yelling out excitedly and approaching them. Puss smiled fondly at them to which Kitty noticed, and she smiled at him. He had a way with children, especially orphans which he could relate. She, however, never made contact with kids. She was always worried to scare them off.

"Hey what's that?" Esme asked curiously, trying to reach the wagon but what was too short. Kid Pickles picked her up so they can take a look at the wagon. Toby and Vina also were curious and approached it. But that got the rest of the team nervous on how close the children were.

"Wow! Pretty potions!" Esme commented, her eyes sparkling in wonder. "Whoooa! Hey! Pick the green one Esme! Maybe that can make a giant pickle!" Kid Pickles said excitedly and she obeyed, reaching to grab it.

"Hey, hey! Don't touch that!" Carlos warned them as the little girl pulled out the bottle, shaking it a little as it glowed. Now this is bad. They still had no idea what the potion did. If it was dangerous, then the kids wetlre at a greater risk than the adults.

"Um...Esme. Mi Nina, give me that potion. I don't want you to get hurt" Puss asked her calmly, approached them to gently take the potion. But Vina appeared, throwing a bunch of questions as usual. "Do you know what it can do? Do you know where you are taking it, Senor Puss?" She asked him quickly, catching the cat off guard. He probably would've talked them out to give him the potion as he knew them all. But Kitty thought the kids did not want to listen and feared that they were gonna break the potion.

"Give the potion back right now!" She yelled at them m and startled Esme, making her throw the potion up in the air. Everyone looked up, eyes widen. "Scatter!" Carlos yelled at them, getting the wagon to move incase it hit the other potions, which can set a who knows what can kill them.

"Run ninos! Run!" Puss yelled at the children urgently, and they obeyed, running for it. He pulled his hat thinking he could catch it. He did catch it. However, it bounced out and bumped into his face. The cork came out, and splashed him in the face. "Seriously?" He said, annoyed, ears down and...

POOF!

A puff of the blue smoke came, startling everyone. "Cough cough! Puss?" Kitty asked, swatting the colorful smoke away with her paw. Once it dissipated, his hat remained on the floor. Everyone gather, concerned and wondering what happen. She started to get worried until...

"Mew"

"Huh?"

Everyone got startled when they heard a small meow, and the hat started meowing. "Hey. It's coming from Puss's hat" Perrito mentioned as Kitty cautiously approached it. Her paw was on the hilt of her sword as everyone else was on high alert. Slowly, she lifted the hat up, and what she found made her blue eyes widen in disbelief.

"Puss?"

"Mew"

Puss was still there. But smaller. And cuter? He was transformed back into a kitten. He stared at her curiously, coming out of the hat. "Que?" She said, dumbfounded, trying to progress what happen. So was everyone else. Except one.

"AWWWW!"

Perrito's sudden squeal in seeing baby  Puss startled. "You're so cute, Puss!" He awed at the little kitten, who looked at him curiously. The children surrounded in curiosity and aweing at the kitten.

Artephius was walking by when he noticed the small crowd of the children and the others. "Oh hi gang! What cha doing?" He asked them curiously, approaching them all. He caught a glimpse of Puss and just smiled fondly. "Oh! I see you found my age reverse potion! Aw well don't you look so cute as a kitten!" He explained calmly, gently scratching the orange kitten's ear which made him purr. The old man got up and walked off, making everyone looked athim dumbfounded.

"MAESTROOOO!!!!" Carlos yelled infuriated, chasing after the old man with his paw keeping firm on his goggles. "ARTEPHIUS! COME BACK HERE AND FIX PUSS!" Kitty yelled at him, scooping up the kitten, and running after them with Perrito, their friends and the children following after them.