Kitty x Reader - Declawed (request)

Request from Etarnofsky. This one is a little different. This is a Kitty x Reader moment which is a first for me. Just to be clear, this is a male reader and we're gonna make it cat

You sat on the box, outside the hideout as you watched Kitty pace back and forth angrily. You glanced down, unable to look at her blue eyes as you fidgeted with his paws. She was furious with you and well, you couldn't argue with her. You both did a heist together but it failed and you had no choice but to retreat to avoid capture.

"Ay Yaya! You had one job! I would swipe the prize and you prepare our escape through the window above the shlef. But I come and find you haven't made at least a small crack! Qué pasa?!" She told you furiously as she ripped off her face mask and threw it on the ground. You didn't look up at her eyes, not wanting to explain yourself.

See, you tried opening the glass window with your dagger, trying to pop it open but you didn't expect Kitty to be so quick on her pickpocketing and as you both tried opening it, a piece of the glass fell off and hit the floor, shattering and catching unwanted attention. You both had to find another way out and got chased and in the process, lost the prize.

"I'm sorry Kitty. I didn't expect you to be so quick with your stealing" you told her, rubbing the back of your head sheepishly. "It don't matter how long I take to steal something! On a heist, you have to be quick and get the job done rapido!" She scolded you harshly.

"Why didn't you use your claws?" She asked you and that made you tense up at that. You held your paws the moment that came to your ears. "I mean using your sword to open the window? Come on! You know that using your claws would be much quicker! Why didn't you think of that you stupido?!" She asked you angrily as you shook and got annoyed at her insults as you stood up from the box.

"BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE CLAWS ANYMORE!"

You yelled at her, flattening your ears angrily and your (eye color) eyes meeting with her blue ones. The moments those words slipped out of your mouth, her anger faded in an instant and she looked at yous shocked.

You didn't want to snap at her. You always kept your cool. But when it came to the loss of your claws, it was a sensitive topic to you that you didn't like talking about. You sat back down, avoiding her eyes.

"I once had owners. A loving couple with a baby. Everything was great" you started to explain, smiling fondly as you thought of your old family. That smile faded though when you remembered what they did to you. "But one day, their baby was moving to the stairs. He was going to fall. So I ran to grab him. He was slipping from my hold so I used my claws to pull him back. I just wanted to save him. But my owners thought I meant to hurt him. So they declawed me" you explained, glancing down at your (fur color) paws, missing your old claws.

"I know they meant well. But still, I wish they saw that I was trying to look out for them. I couldn't stay so I left and you know, I hanged around at the Cantina, helping out at the bar. Until I met you and thought it be a nice change in my life" you explained, rubbing your arm nervously as you got to that part. There was something about Kitty that caught your attention. She was bold, and cunning and not like any feline you ever met in Spain.

Kitty looked at you silently as you wondered what her initial reaction of your lack of claws would be. You wondered if she would you see as someone useless to her and decided to add your partnership.

"You're just like me"

The tuxedo cat finally spoke but her words made you confused and motivated you to glance up at her. Rather than a disappointed look, she looked down at you sympathetically. Her blue eyes moved to your paws and went to hold them, pressing her thumb on your palm. Normally for a cat, the claws would retracting but not yours since you didn't have any.

Kitty then offered her out opened to you, motioning you to do the same thing. Puzzled, you gently held her paw, resisting the urge to shiver at how soft it was. No wonder her last name was Softpaws.

You pressed on the center of her paw but found to confusion no claws retracted. You tried it again and nothing. That's when it hit you. You glanced up at Kitty to confirm your suspicion. She nodded to you with a solemn look as you let go of her paw and she sat next to you.

"I know the feeling. I had owners that I thought loved me until out of nowhere they declawed without giving me a reason why" she tells you, glancing at her paws, missing the feeling of retracting her beautiful silver claws.

You looked at her, feeling sympathic for your friend. You never thought that the greatest theif in all of Spain was declawed like you. But you did knew the pain and difficulty when it came to losing those claws. Glancing back at her, you gently held her paw, giving it an assuring squeeze.

She turned her head to look at you as you gave her a small smile. "I'm sorry to hear that Kitty. But you know, you've come a long way. Even without your claws, you became one of the most legendary theives I've seen in Spain. Not every cat can accomplish that. I'm more than happy to meet someone like you" you told her honestly and caught her by surprise.

She smiled back at you, touched by your words as she squeezed your paw back. She didn't think to meet someone like you. While you weren't perfect, you were still willing to try your best. Kitty then realized what she was doing and quickly let go of your paw, standing up. "Come on. Let's give that heist another go shall we. Oh and next time if there's something you are uncomfortable with, just tell me ok?" She told you as you nodded to her, glad to try again as you got up and left to get your supplies. Kitty however kept her eyes on you, feeling her cheeks blushed as shs realized she was feeling something for you.