Kitten mishap part 2

"What do you mean you don't know which book has the potion?! You just said it was an age reversing potion!"

Kitty was leaning against the wall as she glanced at Carlos. The calico cat was a climbing the book shelf, pulling out books to find the one on what potion turned Puss into a kitten. Artephius was behind him, holding his hands out to catch his apprentice so he wouldn't get hurt.

"Well, it's been awhile since I restocked the books" the old alchemist said as Kitty sighed, wondering if he could be of help with Puss. Speaking of Puss, she glanced back at him with concern on her face. Little kitten Puss was playing with the children and Perrito who couldn't get enough of a cute kitten around now. Duclinea was with them, arriving after she heard what happen.

"Oh, surely you can do something Artephius?" Duclinea pleaded until she felt something tug her skirt. Puss was clawing at it and pulling it, letting tiny mews out. Duclinea smiled at him fondly but Kitty glared at him. "Hey! That's not good! Let go of her skirt!" She scolded harshly, making the orange kitten let go and step back as he huddled in a ball with his ears down, afraid.

"Oh, Kitty, I'm sure he didn't mean to. He was just playing" the gray cat assured her calmly, picking up Puss in her arms. She gently scratched his ears, softening the look on his face as he purred affectionately. "Besides, he's only a kitten. You could be a little gentle" she explained to her as Kitty's eyes went to the little orange cat. He leaned into Duclinea like a baby and its mother, smiling with his big green eyes shimmering.

It made the theif smile softly at him, finding him really cute as a kitten. "Don't you have to be hard on them so they can behave? Otherwise, they grow up to be brats" she reasoned, not taking her eyes off him. Duclinea noticed where she was staring and had an idea. Without warning, she placed him into Kitty's arms. It startled her as she was afraid to drop him.

But Duclinea helped adjust her arms to hold little Puss and stood back, smiling at this cute moment. "That's true. You're not wrong. Me and Senora Zapata have to discipline the children when they misbehave. But just as you have to be stern with a child, you also have to be gentle with them" she explained as Kitty looked down at the furball in her arms.

Puss looked up at her curiously, and gently pawed her nose. "Meow" he said, and he smiled, staring at her as he tried to grab her nose. Kitty felt her heart melt at him. He was so cute as a kitten.

"Well, I guess I could try" she said, making Duclinea smile, glad to hear that.

"I found it!"

Crash!

Everyone jumped when they heard the sound of books falling and turned their heads to find Artephius on the floor with books on him, holding Carlos up as he held a book in his paws.

"Gracias Artephius!" The young calico cat told him as Kitty handed Puss to Duclinea to help the alchemist up with Ala Fuerte and Perrito assisting.

"No problem!" The old man said cheerfully as Carlos opened the book, flipping the pages. Everyone gathered around him curiously and anticipation growing on finding what potion affected Puss.

"Ha! I found it! Age reversing potion!" He exclaimed, happy to find what they were looking for. "According to here, the potion works when the person thinks of certain thoughts related to age" he read it, puzzling the others on what that meant. And then it hit Carlos as he slowly turned to Kitty.

"Wait a minute. Kitty. Weren't you and Puss talking about children earlier?" He asked her. "Yes. Why?" She asked as Puss climbed out of Duclinea's paws and nuzzled Kitty's leg. "Then that is how the potion works. Once Puss thought about kids, the potion reversed him to the age of a child" Carlos explained as Kitty glanced down to find the orange tabby cat.

"Oh he is so cute though! Can't we keep Puss like this a little longer?" Perrito insisted, finding this cute for him. "No way! We need to get Puss back to normal!" The calico cat insisted strongly. While Kitty wouldn't mind leaving Puss like this, she would prefer if it wasn't through magical means.

"Fortunately, there is an antidote written here" he said and suddenly Puss latched his claws on the book, dragging it down. "Ay Puss!" Kitty said surprised, picking him up and scanning him for any harm done. Thankfully, he was ok.

Carlos checked the book, seeing the page ripped but only a small piece so no serious damage. However, he didn't want to risk Puss being here, otherwise there would be more havoc.

"For now, I suggest keep Puss outside the alchemy shop to avoid trouble. Me, and Artephius will prepare the antidote and let you know when ready" Carlos instructed them all with everyone agreeing on it.

"Oh, this is going to be so much fun!" Perrito exclaimed, jumping up and down, excited to look after baby Puss. Kitty glanced down at him as he playfully tried swatting Perrito. "Yeah. Fun" she said sarcastically, feeling this was going to go well or go bad.