Christmas Dinner(request)

Request from Tannerh012

Outside the orphanage, the tuxedo cat sat outside the entrance, holding herself as she rubbed her arms to give some warmth. She took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. It was Christmas time right now and she still couldn't believe that Puss invited her to spend Christmas at the orphanage with him. Never did she thought that would happened. But it did. Right now, it was almost dinner time. But Kitty decided to sneak out and leave early. She was starting to feel uncomfortable and nervous and wanted to leave.

"Kitty. There's my favorite snowflake"

Her ears twitched at a familiar deep Latin voice. Puss came outside, approaching. "Puss? What are you doing here?" She asked him, turning around to look at him. "Looking for you. Aren't you cold mi amor?" He asked her concerned, seeing how she held herself. "A little. But I like the cold. How did you find me?" She asked him curious, wondering how he found her. "I saw you from inside through the window" he explained to her as she sighed, thinking she should've been more sneakier and more careful not to be found.

Puss looked at her softly, wondering why she was outside by herself. "So Kitty. We are about to start the christmas dinner. And..." he started to tell her, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I'll pass Puss. But thanks"

Her quick refusal caught him by surprise. She was acting quite strange right now. He walked closer so that he was by her side and he could see her face. "Kitty. It's christmas. A time to spend with amigos and Familia" he told her, trying to figure out what bringing her down. She glanced up at him with a sadden look.

"I....don't have a family. Not anymore" she told him, looking down at her paws, referring to her former owners. It was silent now between them both. As much as she hated being alone, she didn't want to ruin this for Puss and his family. She was merely a guest. She didn't want to intrude.

Suddenly, she felt something around her shoulders and Kitty founded that Puss was now clipping his cape around her, making sure it kept out the cold as best as it could. He then set his hat on her to protect her ears from the freezing wind. The theif looked up  at him surprised. "You're gonna catch a cold" she pointed out as he tilted the hat to look at her.

"Better me than you my love" he told her with a warm smile and it made her blush surprise, glancing away. "Please. Come inside where it's warm. Plus, mi mama knows how to cook up a nice fat turkey" he persuaded her and she chuckled at him. "You sure I will not interrupt your holiday?" She asked him, wanting to be sure he was alright with this.

"Kitty. If I didn't want you come, then why did I invite you over?  Maybe you don't know it. But you have a family now. You don't have to be alone anymore. I don't want you to be alone. I want you here with me" he explained to her warmly as she stated at him surprised. But slowly, a soft smile made its way on her face. Puss was glad to see that and he leaned in to nuzzle her face purring. She returned the nuzzle back, purring in return.

The two headed back inside to the dinner table where all kinds of scents filled their noses of cranberry sauce, desserts and turkey. It made their stomachs rumble. "Mama, everyone is here. We can start dinner now" Puss said as he helped Kitty up on one of the chairs before joining her. "Excellent. Then let us begin" Imelda said happily as they began dinner, passing around the food to one another.

"Here Kitty. You get the biggest piece" he told her giving her a nice large turkey leg that made her mouth water. "Purrr quite a gentlemen aren't you ginger?" She teased him as he chuckled but he was glad to see her in a better mood and enjoying the meal. The cats, children and Imelda enjoyed the big dinner together until they had finish, had desserts and started cleaning up.

Kitty now sat on the couch, tired but satisfied with a full stomach from the dinner. "Imelda knows how to cook up a good turkey. I ought to come again next year" she commented, rubbing her stomach as she let out a content purr, licking her mouth to savor the leftover taste of the meat.

"I can agree Kitty" Her ears perked at his voice as Puss approached her, moving to sit right next to her. Kitty still had his cape on, his hat rested on the arm rest of the couch and she wrapped the cape around one another as a blanket, pulling eachother close. Puss chuckled as he nuzzled his face against hers, both purring.

"So did you enjoy spending Navidad with me and our Familia mi joya?" He asked her, wanting to be sure she was better than before. "Si. I'm sorry if I acted strange. I was actually planning to sneak off and leave without telling you" she explained to him, catching him by surprise to hear that.

"But when you came and told me I was part of your family, it convinced me to stay. And honestly, I had the best time of my life this year" she told him, smiling as she remembered how much she had this holiday.  She turned her face to look at him, giving him the warmest and most grateful smile she could give him.

"Thank you for that"

She told him and Puss smiled at her, nodding to her a your welcome as she snuggled closer to him, the two cats falling asleep on the couch together with full stomachs and Puss's cape draped over them like a blanket, glad to be together this holiday