A Sweet Lullaby to chase the Nightmares away

It was late at night at one of Kitty's hideouts, the two cats were asleep in separate cat beds. It was silent and peaceful tonight. Or right now it is. Puss was asleep, curled in a ball with his hat and boots near him.

"Nnnnn..."

"Hm?" His ear twitched at a disturbance in the quiet night. It sounded close too. He thought perhaps it was the wood creaking or the wins blowing.

"Nnnnnn....no...."

It came again but the sound was louder and getting familiar. His eyes opened tiredly as he tried to process the sound and its source.

"No....no...por favor...no!"

The voice became more louder and clear. His eyes widen and he was fully awake when he recongized that troubled voice. "Kitty" he uttered and shot out of the bed to his beloved. He arrived to her room and found her in a large purple cat bed. Her cries were much louder and sounded in agony as her body turned everytime.

He rushed over to her side with his ears flatten in worry, his green eyes scanned to see what was causing her to be in this state. To his relief, she didn't seem injured. But she was turning and holding herself tightly, thrashing her feet like she was trying to get away. But the thing that got his concern rising was the tears trailing down her cheeks. Her uncontrollable sobbing. It tore him apart to see her in this state.

"Kitty! Kitty wake up! Wake up now!" He told her urgently as he gently shook her in hopes of getting his sweet theif out of whatever nightmare she was in. "My claws! No! My claws! Ah!" She sobbed painfully while talking in her sleep. His eyes widen to hear that and he realized what the nightmare was. It was when her claws were taken away from her.

"Kitty! Wake up! NOW!"

"GASP!"

Puss's loud yell awoke her and the feline shot up, her eyes huge, ears flatten in distress, and breathing so rapidly. Her sudden wakeup startled him but the tabby still held a look of worry for her. She scanned around, spotting her boyfriend and his presence seemed to relax her as her breathing calmed down.

"P-Puss?" She said unsurely as if she wasn't sure if she was still dreaming. "I'm here Kitty. I'm here" he assured her, holding her paw and petting it to comfort her. "What happen?" She asked him, feeling her cheeks were wet and she pressed paw to it and got surprised to find she was crying in her sleep. "You were having a bad dream mi joya. But it's ok. It's over. I'm here now" he explained to her calmly, trying to ease her fears.

It relieved her to see him until she glanced down at their paws holding. Pulling her paw back, Kitty stared at as she remembered the nightmare again. How her owners. The people she thought were her family. Took her claws away. Her main tools. Her weapons for defense. A piece of her.

That reminder suddenly made her heart ache and the pain return. Her blue eyes once again started watering, pouring out fresh new tears down her furry cheeks as she started sobbing and whimpering. Puss stared at her shocked yet worried as he held both her paws in his.

"Hey hey hey calma calma Kitty! It's ok it's ok!" He told her concerned yet he tried to stay calm in hopes of calming her. "Sob....my claws....they took my claws Puss! Sob! Por qué?! Why would they do this to me?! Why would they hurt me?!" She said distressed between her cries as she wiped away her tears.

Seeing her crying increasing, Puss quickly moved into the bed with her, pulling her close to chest into a hug. Without hesitation, she leaned into his touch, holding him tightly as she buried her face in his fur, sobbing uncontrollably. Puss continued to comfort her, rubbing her back to soothe her as he gently hushed to relax her.

"Shh Shh Shh. It's ok Kitty. It's ok. Just breathe. Breathe" he whispered, gently patting her back. His soft tone and caring words along with his touch calmed her down. Her sobbing and cries began to cease. Only a few sniffles slipping out and her body shook. He glanced down, his heart hurt at seeing her so vulnerable and broken.

"Kitty. Please. Stop crying. I hate seeing you cry mi amor" he begged her, thinking to himself how he could help his beloved. He needed to find someway to calm her down. Make her feel safe. His ears perked at a thought.

"Kitty. There is a lullaby that mi mama would sing to me as a little gato. Would you like me to sing it? Could make you feel better" he offered her, glancing down. She moved her face out of his chest, nodding. Puss smiled softly at her as he lied down in bed, both lying down on their sides as he held close and started singing.

"Qu'est ce que ça peut faire" ( What can it do)

"Si le monde tourne à l'envers" ( if the world turns upside down?)

"Le temps qui passe ne revient pas" (the time that passes does not come back)

"Qu'est ce que ça peut faire" (What can it do)

"Si le monde va de travers" (If the world goes wrong?)

"Cette nuit je dors entre tes bras" (Tonight I sleep in your arms)

"C'est une chanson d'amour.
Un air qu'on chante à demi-mot" (It's a love song.
An air that we sing half-word)

Kitty sniffles gone done as she heard his voice in a soft gentle tone she rarely heard. It was warm and loving to her ears. So assuring and comforting. His voice. His presence. His touch. Warmth. Smell. It made her feel safe.

She felt her fears fade away. His paw gently ran down the fur on her head. His touch and his lullaby started to lull her back to sleep. Her eyes grew heavy as her body began to relax. Puss could feel her going limp and her breathing calmed down. He took a quick glance and saw he beloved falling asleep. Gently, he wiped off the leftover tear stains on those beautiful cheeks. He smiled to see her face so peaceful and relaxed. Puss was about to leave and let her sleep when a whisper caught his ears.

"Puss"

He froze and glanced back at his girlfriend. Her eyes despite being half lidded and tired, were still open. "Please. Stay with me tonight. Por favor" she quietly begged him, wanting to feel his warmth and his arms around her, even if she was fast asleep.

Puss was surprised by the request. But he smiled warmly at his girlfriend and obeyed her. The ginger cat lied back on the cat bed, making sure the blanket kept them both warm. He wrapped an around her waist, pulling her close to him as she snuggled in his chest, a small smile forming in her face as she relaxed once again and fell asleep. Puss smiled lovingly to see his favorite feline content and calm. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and fell asleep with her in his arms and no nightmares to bother his sweet Kitty.

The song is French and is called Entre ses Bras (between his arms). The song can be heard in the video above.