"...will get you nowhere." He says as he straightens his posture, looking back up at the remaining girls.

"SNAP OUT OF IT, IRYS!" Shiori screams out as Nerissa stands in front of them.

The Demon of Sound swings her staff, a musical stave of black energy, outlined by that same dark blue leaving it and being propelled towards Envy.

He taps on the ground and the stave breaks into two.

"...?!" Nerissa says as she feels her body get pulled towards Envy.

He lifts his arm, catching Nerissa by the intact horn before grabbing the side of her head with the other.

"Fu-!" Is all she can say as Envy headbutts her.

Nerissa's eyes close as blood drips from her forehead and nose... but Envy's not done. He lets go of her. Using the same hand he used to grab her head, he throws a punch, but stops just as another of Bijou's crystals appears.

"..." He turns his attention to Bijou, his eyes narrowing at the girl who had been hiding behind Nerissa.

"...C-calm...!" Is all she can mutter before his fist pierces her stomach, a sound akin to glass shattering leaving her body as she too falls limp. He pulls his fist out, looking up to IRyS, their eyes meeting.

Bijou's body falls to the ground. He steps over her, coming face to face with IRyS, with Shiori standing beside her.

IRyS can't bring herself to say anything. It's like she's stuck in time... fear flooding every inch of her being.

Shiori lets go of IRyS, backing away from the two as they stare each other down.

"...I'll show them all the reality of this world... I'll start wi-?!" Nerissa suddenly grabs him from the back, putting her mouth up to his ear and producing an earsplitting sound.

Envy goes limp, falling onto IRyS's shoulder.

"...Hah... I-IRyS... please, help Mococo..." Shiori speaks out between pants. It seems even she was shaken up.

"...Fuck... I-I'LL..." Nerissa says as she raises her staff to stab Envy through the heart with the sharp tip, fury written all over her.

"...Oh wow, I'm not dead!" Bijou adds as she stands up and looks down at the hole in her stomach, putting a hand through it.

"...Wha... I-I thought... thank god..." Nerissa turns her head to Bijou before lowering her weapon and sighing in relief...

"..." IRyS is silent as she stares into the unknown, unblinking and unmoving.
Visions of memories not her own flood her mind. Images of Envy's past occupy her visual... and she finds herself on a beach, staring at the back of a man fallen to his knees.

Explosions, the sounds of men suffering, gunfire blazes on all around her. Bullets whizz past, blowing men apart at the seams. Obstacles such as barbed wire and large, metal tripods fill the surface of this battleground...

The man wears a military uniform... a British military uniform from the II World War...

 a British military uniform from the II World War

"...Fuck, FUCK! WAKE UP! Please..." He switches back and forth between tones as he begs... towards another man. A man who had a pool of blood on his chest, soaking the clothes he wears.

"...What is this..." She feels cold water wash over her feet before retracting as a wave of soldiers run past her, running towards their own demise.

Another man, wearing a golden necklace with a... cross...  screams out towards Envy from behind the cover of one of the metal tripods.

"GET THE HELL OVER HERE, A-!" He can't finish his sentence as another explosion scatters debris around, making the cacophony of noise even more disturbing.

"...I'm sorry..." Envy closes the man's eyes... he looks in front of him, towards the enemy.

...but before he can do anything else... a bullet blows his skull open.