5.

The Fifth Chapter

मेरी नींद जैसे
पहली बार टूटी है
आँखें मालके के
मैंने देखी है सुबह
हुई धुप ज़्यादा लेके
तेरी रौशनी दिन चढ़ा
इश्क़ वाला लव
झाँके बादलों की
जाली के पीछे से
करे चाँदनी ये मुझको इत्तला
लेके नूर सारा चाँद मेरा
यहीं पे है छुपा छुपा हुआ
इश्क़ वाला लव

मेरी नींद जैसेपहली बार टूटी हैआँखें मालके केमैंने देखी है सुबहहुई धुप ज़्यादा लेकेतेरी रौशनी दिन चढ़ाइश्क़ वाला लवझाँके बादलों कीजाली के पीछे सेकरे चाँदनी ये मुझको इत्तलालेके नूर सारा चाँद मेरायहीं पे है छुपा छुपा हुआइश्क़ वाला लव

I couldn't quite understand him. Even though I was curious to unravel the layers of his new self, there was a mysterious transformation. He seemed different, altered. As I looked at him, there were no traces of the goofy, carefree 21-year-old Rudra I once knew.

Back then, Rudra had an infectious smile, embodying a certain immaturity and naivety. Now, the man driving beside me projected calmness, patience, and composure. His words were precise, and his energy felt different.

Or was I reading into it too much?

"We are here," he said, breaking my trance. I nodded, slowly emerging from my thoughts, but the words 'My universe' lingered in my messy brain.

"Right," I muttered, shaking my head, and peered out at the Rajvansh palace, which shone brightly against the night. Diyas illuminated every inch of the palace walls, giving it a majestic appearance. I had been here once before.

In our second year of college, he had dragged me to meet his mom. It was a pleasant experience meeting his mother and sisters, Vaahi and Saana, if I remembered correctly.

However, this would be the first time meeting his entire family. A part of me couldn't shake the feeling that it wouldn't go well, especially with this sudden wedding, seemingly going against their royal protocols.

The car door swung open gracefully, and a strong, masculine hand extended towards me. My gaze lifted, meeting Rudra's intense eyes. His hand clasped mine with a firm yet gentle grip, sending a shiver down my spine. Slowly, I allowed him to guide me out of the car.

I felt like a kid. Who was just in her own dreamland.

As I stepped onto the pavement, our hands remained entwined, creating an unspoken connection. The sensation of his touch was like a reassuring embrace, and his warm hands provided comfort on this chaotic situation.

With each step towards the magnificent entrance of the palace, our fingers remained interlocked. The subtle sway of our hands brushing against each other felt like an unspoken language. The world around us seemed to fade as we moved forward together.

What's happening to me? I've never felt like this before.

Rudra's voice, a velvet whisper, broke through the silence. "Now, you stay calm, alright?" I nodded in response, but as we continued, a sudden pause overcame me. I halted, causing him to stop too, our linked hands gently tugging with the sudden change in momentum.