30.

The Thirtieth Chapter.

(Tell me you love me.)

****

इकलौता मेरा दिल था
भोला भला सिंपल था
तुझसे मैं टकराया
सर-फिरा हो गया
मुझे प्यार लगा जो
तुझे लगा भाई-चारा
अरमान तो जागे
मैं मगर सो गया..

बनके मुसीबत, पीछे पड़ी है
ये कॉमेडी है, या ट्रेजेडी है
ना होना था क्यूँ हो गया
लोचा-ए-उल्फत हो गया..

****

Bonsoir, enchantéeYour hands on my faceEmbrasse-moi, mon soleilSay you'd die for me, baby

Bonsoir, enchantée
Your hands on my face
Embrasse-moi, mon soleil
Say you'd die for me, baby

We were in France, sipping on all kinds of delicious wine. In the background, there were folks playing the harp, and we were just dancing slowly in the meadows, enjoying the beautiful surroundings.

So beautiful. She looked at me with a smile as I clicked her pictures on my vintage Polaroid. Her white flowy sundress danced in the wind as she kept turning around, her hair flying over her face, her pearly whites making an appearance.

As we danced, the soft grass under our feet felt like a natural carpet, I was just about to kneel down and propose to her...

Only then I felt a soft hand shaking my shoulder, "Rudra-" my wifey's voice uttered, but there was some hesitation in them. This made me frown, alert. Is something wrong? My mind suddenly felt aware of the surroundings, jolting up from the bed as I scanned Roohi's face.

Is she okay?

"What's wrong?" I asked, cupping her face. This made her look at me slightly hesitant.

"I, uh, got my periods apparently and you are taking up too much space on the bed," she spoke out, fumbling with the end of her changed kurti, seeming a bit confused. Lost in her own thoughts.

This explains her behavior. I was damn scared when she started crying over the cake.

I felt like such a shitty husband seeing my wife bawl her eyes out for a cake which I ate. Like seriously, Rudra, what the heck are you up to? And you're trying to make her fall for you. At this speed, that might never happen.

I'm a bloody cake eater. I should go throw myself off a cliff.

I hate cake and I almost vow to never touch it again.

"Rudra!" She called out again, her voice frustrated.

"Yeah, sorry, what?" I asked, shaking the thoughts from my head.