18.

The Eighteenth Chapter

****

कहने को जश्न-ए-बहारा है
दिल ये देख के हैराँ है
फूल से खुशबू ख़फ़ा-खफा है गुलशन में
छुपा है कोई रंज फिज़ा की चिलमन में
सारे सहमे नज़ारे हैं
सोये-सोये वक्त के धारे हैं
और दिल में खोई-खोई सी बातें हैं

****

The morning sun cast a gentle glow through the sheer curtains as I slowly opened my eyes, only to find myself alone in bed

The morning sun cast a gentle glow through the sheer curtains as I slowly opened my eyes, only to find myself alone in bed. Confusion and a slight chill surrounded me as I realized I was cocooned in the warmth of the blanket. "Huh?" I muttered, my voice muffled by the soft fabric.

Kitni thand hai yaar.

As I drowsily emerged from my sleep, a glance at the clock revealed it was already 8:37 am. Panic set in, I had to be at the design house by 11:00 am. 

"How long did I sleep?" I wondered aloud, the urgency prompting me to rouse myself. Better get ready, Roohi. My thoughts raced as I scanned the room for any sign of Rudra.

Where is he?

Exiting the room in my night suit, the cold touch of the marble against my bare feet served as an abrupt wake-up call.

 I navigated the palace, the corridors familiar yet seeming alien in the early morning silence. "Where is that Romeo Rajvansh?" I muttered to myself.

I found myself in the third corridor of Wing B when a distant commotion reached my ears. Following the sound, I discovered the source behind double doors – the palace gym. Peeking through the slightly ajar entrance.

Ruhaan bhai-sa was engaged in weightlifting, the clinking of metal plates filling the air as he focused on the task. Saana, claimed the treadmill, her steps fast and heavy. 

Then, my eyes found Rudra, his figure moving sharply as he danced around a punching bag, headphones in place.

Rudra's gym vest, once loose, now clung to his well-defined physique, highlighting every contour. Beads of sweat shimmered on his skin, catching the light and creating a subtle glow. The drops followed a path down his neck, leaving a trail that vanished into the fabric below.

His movements were precise, each punch executed with controlled force, showcasing his strength and athleticism. The exertion brought a flush to his cheeks, and his tousled hair added a rugged charm. 

Don't get me started on the flex of his muscles with each move. He was so attractive. And the fact that he was my husband. 

Haina? Even I can't believe. Biceps dekho uske!