19.

The Nineteenth Chapter

A/N

This chapter's plot was inspired by an Hindi soap opera.

This chapter would be much more funnier in third person, So well. 

Also, please comment and interact with the story, Silent readers. An earnest request.

****

पान में पुदीना देखा, नाक का नगीना देखा
चिकनी चमेली देखी, चिकना कमीना देखा
चाँद ने चीटर हो के चीट किया तो
सारे तारे बोले गीली गीली अक्खा
पा परा परा..

मेरी बात, तेरी, ज़्यादा बातें बुरी बात
थाली में कटोरा ले के, आलू भात, मुड़ी भात
मेरे पीछे किसी ने रिपीट किया तो
साला मैंने तेरे मुँह पे मारा मुक्का

****

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Rudra was honestly done with everyone. As he sat in Ruhaan's cabin, drowning in a sea of emails about performance metrics, all he wanted was to pack up, go home. The thought of cuddling up with his wife and sleeping peacefully seemed like a distant dream.

Ruhaan was sitting in his chair, looking grumpy as he dealt with an acquisition contract on his laptop. He clearly didn't want to be at work as well. His face showed it all. He felt the same way as Rudra, longing to be home instead.

Both the Rajvansh brothers were whipped and grumpy.

Just as they both wished for a way out, Sidharth and Raghav burst into the cabin with huge, smug grins on their faces. Their smiles were so big, they could rival the Cheshire Cat's.

"Guys! We're going out tonight! Tera bhai party de raha hai!" Sidharth announced, bouncing around like an excited kangaroo. Rudra muttered a quick "no" without looking up from his laptop. (Your boy Sidharth is throwing a party!)

"Yeah, no," Ruhaan added, still focused on his laptop screen.

"Veeru, Rudy chal na!" Sidharth exclaimed, waving his arms enthusiastically as he looked over at Ruhaan, who seemed more interested in his laptop screen than anything else.

Ruhaan replied with a brisk, "No, I want to go straight home to my wife," which elicited synchronized sighs and groans from the other two men in the room.

"Come on, please chalo, I need this, Rudy," Raghav pleaded, looking at Rudra with puppy-dog eyes that made Rudra curse his fate. It was clear that Raghav, being Rudra's best friend, was the master of emotional blackmail, and he knew exactly how to get away with it.

"Bhai, please chal na, mujhe ghar nahi jana," Raghav insisted again, looking genuinely distressed at the thought of going back home to Diya. The thought made his nauseous. 

 Rudra caught on to Raghav's distress signal and nodded slightly. The least he could do for Raghav was endure a night out. Raghav's "arrangement," as he called it, sounded more like a toxic soap opera plot than a pure marriage.

"Bhai-sa, I was thinking, it's been a while, and I wanted to have a night out too," Rudra spoke up after keeping quiet for some time. Ruhaan, engrossed in his MacBook, shot him a skeptical look.