39.

The thirty-ninth chapter

****

तेनु इतना मैं प्यार करां
इक पल विच सौ बार करां
तू जावे जे मैनू छड्ड के
मौत दा इंतज़ार करां
के तेरे लिए दुनिया छोड़ दी है
तुझपे ही सांस आके रुके
मैं तुझको कितना चाहता हूँ
ये तू कभी सोच ना सके

****

"She left me for her

"She left me for her. Usme aisa kya hai jo mujhme nahi?" I muttered to myself, feeling a pang of jealousy and inadequacy gnawing at me from within.

"I'll change myself. If only she was just mine," I mumbled bitterly, my thoughts consumed by the unfairness of it all.

Love is a complicated feeling, so intricate that it consumes you entirely, much like a storm that hits with such force that the damage is irreparable.

She's only been gone for three days, but already my head is throbbing with her absence. My arms ache with the longing to hold her soft body close, to feel the warmth of her skin against mine. My eyes yearn to see her smile, to lose myself in her gaze. And my lips... oh, my lips burn with the desperate need to taste hers.

And let's not even talk about my dick... 

Suddenly, I felt someone smack my head, and I groaned, turning to see Raghav standing there with a stern expression.

"You look like a sad puppy," he remarked, his tone laced with sarcasm.

I nodded, unable to deny the truth of his words. "Your fucking girlfriend is ruining my marriage life," I blurted out, frustration bubbling up inside me.

"Don't drag my Meher into this," Raghav replied sharply, gritting his teeth in annoyance at my accusation.

"Your Meher is sleeping with my wife!" I glared, frustration bubbling up inside me.

"On the same bed because they share a room!" Raghav rolled his eyes, clearly exasperated by my accusation.

"Same thing," I muttered stubbornly, unwilling to let go of my annoyance.

"Rudy, we have a meeting in less than two minutes, let's go?" Raghav suggested calmly, attempting to steer the conversation back to business.

I nodded, realizing that he was right. I've got about two more months of work here, and then I'm done with this corporate life. 

I've been serious about leaving the company for a while now. The only reason I chose this path was to get my father off the board. Now that he's dead, resting in hell, I can finally move on.