36.

The Thirty- Sixth Chapter

****

बाते, बातों में शाम हुई
राते, ख़्वाबों के नाम हुई
तारे, कहानी बुनते रहे
आँखें, आँखें ये भोली-भोली
बोली, बोली ये कैसी बोली
बैठे, दोनों सुनते रहे
ये चलती हवाएँ ले जाएँ कहाँ
ये एक दूजे के जाने बिना
कब दो दिलों की हुई यारियाँ
दिल ना जाणेया, ना जाणेया
दिल ना जाणेया...

****

For the first time in my life, I felt completely blank

For the first time in my life, I felt completely blank. Rudra had stormed out of the palace, and I had no idea where he went or what I was supposed to do. Should I pick sides in the conflict between him and Maa, or should I stay out of it altogether?

Feeling lost and uncertain, I decided to take action. I called the palace guards, instructing them to contact Rudra's security team. Moments later, I received word that Rudra was spotted rough driving in an empty parking lot.

"That can't be good," I muttered to myself, feeling a knot of worry tightening in my stomach. Snatching my wallet from the desk, I hurried out of the room. With a quick call to kaka, I arranged for the car to be brought around immediately.

 With a quick call to kaka, I arranged for the car to be brought around immediately

[Roohi's OOTD]

As I settled into the backseat of the car, I instructed him to drive me to wherever Rudra was attempting to channel his inner F1 racer.

Aaj toh patidev ki kher nahi.

The minutes dragged on, each one filled with mounting anxiety.

To distract myself, I found myself absentmindedly chewing on my nails, a habit I'd picked up back in school and had never quite managed to shake off. Glancing out the window, I watched the city blur past in a dizzying whirl. The streets seemed to stretch endlessly, as if mocking my impatience.